New Truck Maybe

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Looking at a new lp5. I am taking it home for a test drive. My first impressions are that many will like it. GM went a long ways to satisfy a few people. It has plenty of power and throttle response. There are several things that I like for sure. IMG_0363.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 181

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I'll be surprised if they do any changes worth mentioning but hey never know I guess..

They went from 07.5 to 14 with very little change.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'll be surprised if they do any changes worth mentioning but hey never know I guess..

They went from 07.5 to 14 with very little change.

There are major differences between a 7.5 and 14. They might look similar but thats where it stops. They are completely diffrent trucks...

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
There are major differences between a 7.5 and 14. They might look similar but thats where it stops. They are completely diffrent trucks...
Yes I know that, I didn't know I'd have to explain myself to you guys.. I was talking exterior only.. The only outside appearances is a bigger hole in front bumper and different wheels. Oh and badges are a little different but that ain't worth anything.. It was 6.5 years before a body change and it's only three now with the latest correct?

On a side note, are different wheels available with the 17's now?

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Does anyone know if my built tranny from my 13 model will work on the 17?

I'm sure Mike will know as he's been messing with them. There were supposed to be some differences. But with the new ecm and controllers I'm wondering if they will swap or need to be interchanged some first.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I decide against buying the 17. It is a pretty nice truck. Performance is very good for stock. I have a quarter that I test on after making changes to see the improvements. It would hit the speed limiter just before it crossed the marker. That's a 8 mph improvement over the 13 stock.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I decide against buying the 17. It is a pretty nice truck. Performance is very good for stock. I have a quarter that I test on after making changes to see the improvements. It would hit the speed limiter just before it crossed the marker. That's a 8 mph improvement over the 13 stock.

What made you decide not to get it?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I'm wanting to build a house and didn't want that purchase to interfere with financing on the home. Being self employed you get looked at much differently.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I'm wanting to build a house and didn't want that purchase to interfere with financing on the home. Being self employed you get looked at much differently.

I hear you on that! I want to try and build this year and I'm also self employed. Banks are so much more difficult to get a loan from being self employed. It's a battle too with how much you want to write off. Write off to much and you hardly have any income to get a loan based off of.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
For sure. This year I will have to pay substantial taxes to look more appealing. Usually I can write off enough that it doesn't hurt. This won't be one of those years. I may just cry!

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Haha same boat I'm in. Paid out my ass last year and gonna have to this year too. But sick of renting so it will all work out in the end

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
There are a few differences on the 15.5 year model trans vs the 14 and previous years, would swap in but there are some differences. And they have said the 17 model has even more updates. so wouldn't recommend it at this point.

Edit guess I should have finished reading the comments! Smart move probably anyway, Good Luck with the House!!

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
There are a few differences on the 15.5 year model trans vs the 14 and previous years, would swap in but there are some differences. And they have said the 17 model has even more updates. so wouldn't recommend it at this point.

Edit guess I should have finished reading the comments! Smart move probably anyway, Good Luck with the House!!

Thanks. Looking forward to building it. Sure has been a long time coming.