New to the Duramax Club

devzw3

Aug 15, 2021
CA
Hey all!

Just picked up a very clean 07.5 CC/SB 4x4! Came from the Cummins world (2000 5.9, 2018 6.7) and had a 6blow ford for a couple months (don't ask lol). Loving the new-to-me truck so far! Only have 95k miles at the moment. Some upgrades include CST 6-8" lift, Deaver rear leafs, 37x13.5R17 Toyo RT's on some brushed aluminum Methods.
Running EFI live (Autocal programmer) 5 switch, and have an Edge CST2
4" muffler'd downpipe back, PCV redirect, and that’s about it!

Since I have some of you in here, would love to ask a quick question maybe someone would know, I live in CA... have all stock emission exhaust parts and still have EGR installed and operation (to the best of my knowledge). I'm not sure if I have a stock tune on my Autocal, is there a way to find out or get a stock file if need be? Saw one other thread where someone provided the OP with a stock tune to their vin but back in 2018. I have to transfer this truck from Arizona to CA to get it into my name, then swap everything back to how she is now.

An help would be appreciated,

Also if no help on that, all is good and still glad to be here!

Have a good one!

-Devin

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Welcome to the site.
I am not up on all the details with the Auto Cal's but I do know they are locked to a specific tuner. Not sure if you know which company provided the tune.
I know the Auto Cal can have preloaded tunes on it so I would hope one of them was the stock file. If it does, you should be able to switch back to a stock tune.

I strongly recommend you remove the DSP5 switch from the dash side. This is 1 thing they are trained to look for when doing an emission's inspection. If the CTS2 is not a California approved model, be sure to take that off as well.

devzw3

Aug 15, 2021
CA
Welcome to the site.
I am not up on all the details with the Auto Cal's but I do know they are locked to a specific tuner. Not sure if you know which company provided the tune.
I know the Auto Cal can have preloaded tunes on it so I would hope one of them was the stock file. If it does, you should be able to switch back to a stock tune.

I strongly recommend you remove the DSP5 switch from the dash side. This is 1 thing they are trained to look for when doing an emission's inspection. If the CTS2 is not a California approved model, be sure to take that off as well.

Hey there! Thank you for the reply!
So my AutoCal is labeled with a ATPtrucks which I’ve recently learned doesn’t really exist anymore to my knowledge.That kinda blows. Especially since I’m dealing with a P0101 even with a new MAF and all stock on the intake. But that’s a whole issue in itself that I’m trying to pinpoint down with a lot of reading and testing.

Luckily I have a smog guy that will pass anything visually as long as OBD2 passes. He doesn’t care about switches, tuners, etc. I had a whole banks 5 switch tuner on my 6blow and smogged it a month ago for the new seller. $40 out the door. Very cool guy just wish he had a way to bypass the OBD2 part but it is what it is lol

Right now my main goal would be to get a hold of a stock tune and hopefully be able to upload it to the AutoCal from ATPtrucks

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
That kinda blows. Especially since I’m dealing with a P0101 even with a new MAF and all stock on the intake.
Did you put a factory GM MAF back in? You don’t happen to have a Fingers stick on your truck do you?

devzw3

Aug 15, 2021
CA
No Finger stick from what I can see, EGR is still hooked up and plugged in but tuned off. I have a factory MAF and an Oreillys cheapy. Both are matching around the same flow.. ~35 at idle and ~400+ getting on the pedal.

From what I was seeing on a description about “TP%” PID, that shows EGR valve position... not sure if that is correct but if so, when idling or ignition on-engine off, I read a 13.3 however in my freeze frame data from the P0101, I read a 12.9... not sure why that changed. Then live data is back at 13.3

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Hey there! Thank you for the reply!
So my AutoCal is labeled with a ATPtrucks which I’ve recently learned doesn’t really exist anymore to my knowledge.That kinda blows. Especially since I’m dealing with a P0101 even with a new MAF and all stock on the intake. But that’s a whole issue in itself that I’m trying to pinpoint down with a lot of reading and testing.

Luckily I have a smog guy that will pass anything visually as long as OBD2 passes. He doesn’t care about switches, tuners, etc. I had a whole banks 5 switch tuner on my 6blow and smogged it a month ago for the new seller. $40 out the door. Very cool guy just wish he had a way to bypass the OBD2 part but it is what it is lol

Right now my main goal would be to get a hold of a stock tune and hopefully be able to upload it to the AutoCal from ATPtrucks
I know the Auto Cal Can be unlinked from ATP. ***HOWEVER, If you like the current tunes, I suggest you keep the current Auto Cal and not mess with it. You will not be able to recover them if you unlink it.

I would suggest you find some one with a V2 or V3 that can flash a stock file in. Not Sure where you are located in CA.

devzw3

Aug 15, 2021
CA
I would suggest you find some one with a V2 or V3 that can flash a stock file in. Not Sure where you are located in CA.

I definitely agree, as I do like how the truck is running and I’m sure it’s harder to get any more tunes out here with all the EPA stuff constantly evolving each day.
I tried texting PPEI to see if I could get just a stock tune on another Autocal even with my “read” file from my V2 AutoCal from ATP, but didn’t get a reply.

I’m out in Southern CA, Palmdale to be exact