NEW PRODUCT: GMT-900 cargo light control!!

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Hi everyone.

I havent been around the forums as much as I used to; been extremely busy with a couple new products, as well as improving/redesigning existing products.

One of the new little gadgets is the cargo light control module for the 2007.5-2014 GMT-900 pickup trucks.

Anyone with a 2007.5-2014 truck knows how obnoxious it is that GM stopped having a separate switch for the cargo light, compared to the GMT-800 trucks and new K2XX trucks, which have separate dedicated switches to turn the cargo light on and off.

There are tons of times when you want to check on something in the bed at night time, yet in order to turn the cargo light on, you have to turn the interior dome light on too...which makes it impossible to see anything in the bed because you are blinded by the dome light!!

There great features about this unique module are as follows:

1. Small (size of a golf ball, mount the little box under the dash)

2. Completely stealth (no extra ugly switches to mount on your dashboard)

3. Retains the factory battery-rundown protection feature (so if you turn the cargo light on and forget to turn it off, the module will automatically turn the cargo light off after ~10 minutes to prevent your battery from going dead)

4. Easy to install (just a couple wires to tap)

5. Has auxiliary outputs so you can wire up additional cargo lighting (LED bed-rail lights like the new K2XX trucks maybe???)

You are probably wondering how it works, considering there are no ugly aftermarket switches to mount or holes to drill in your dashboard... Simply press the factory dome-override button (on the headlight switch) 4 times within 5 seconds, and the cargo light turns on. Press the dome-override button 4 times again and the cargo light turns off.

I should have these ready to ship within 2 weeks. Havent figured on a final price yet, but they will be very reasonable, and I will run an introduction sale.

thanks
Ben

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Can't wait till they are out. When I sold the lbz for the Lml I was confused on why that feature was removed:thumb: can't wait to see a final price

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I was also thinking, another alternative to the "dome-override button press routine" to turn the cargo light on and off......I could also program the module to read the headlight knob. So you turn the headlight knob to the spring-loaded "off" position twice to turn the cargo light on, and turn it twice to the off position to turn the cargo light off.

But the problem with that is if you're driving at night, your headlights would flash off, then on. Which isnt a good idea obviously.

Which is why I thought the dome-override button was the most feasible method of actuating the module. Yes, if the door is open, and you do the button-press-routine, the dome lights will flash quickly, but I didnt think that would be a big deal.

Ben

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
I just wish the dome override button kept the interior light from coming on. That seemed logical.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Alright everyone...I have these ready to go now!

The price is $75. Ill add them to my website very soon.

However, I need to have someone help me out with pictures for the instruction manual...If you are good with wiring and would be interested in taking some installation pictures for me (in exchange for a big discount on the module), please PM me!! First come first serve..

Ben

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
does it not? Im confused??? :confused:

I mean if it's pushed in to keep the light off then it should keep it off when you turn the knob for the interior/cargo light so just the cargo light comes on. Then push the button so the inside light can come on. I hate the new ford type setup where both come on. Your solution would work but it should have been as I described from the factory. Or like it used to be pre 07 that worked fine.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
A fellow DF member is in the process of installing the first one right now...Ill let him post up in here how it works!

Once I get the installation instruction manual typed up, Ill make an announcement and add them to my website/online store.

This will be very easy to install, even if electrical/wiring isnt your strong point. There are only 4 wires to hook up, and all of the wires on the cargo light module are color-coded to the factory GM wires to make it super easy. The only tools required are a set of pliers to crimp the wire-taps, and maybe a small flathead screwdriver to remove the headlight switch.

Installation shouldnt take longer than 15-20 minutes.

Ben

SS350

Jan 22, 2012
Hi, I know its been four years and i'm digging up an old thread but did this product ever make it to the shelf?

thanks either way

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I suggest you check on Bens website or call him. He’s not on here much that I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk