New PB

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
The hesitation right after launch did visibly hurt that run.
The first one was definitely a neck breaker that one however was lazy off the line(probably bc I rolled through or rolled and lifted) and then broke up at around 90. I'm really hoping it's bad fuel since I put a few gallons in, or starvation since I don't have a sump and normally at half a tank it'll starve itself. Just hoping the rods aren't already going, really want that 11 first. 5 easily has it, but at this point I'm determined to get it on the lower tune

Last edited:

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
Open to some pointers if you guys have any on getting that 60 down some. I'm hitting the track again Friday, using some PTO tomorrow and Friday so tomorrow will be a comb over/prep day. Might play around with air pressure since I haven't even checked it once this year lol. Are you guys running staggered pressure or even front to rear?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I always ran staggered, higher in the front. I've forgotten exactly what numbers, though.

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
I'll definitely have to try that out thank you. I came home and started messing with it come to find out my tcase probably hates me. Almost 50 out back and 35 up front 😬

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
Lmao. You are not wrong sir. I forgot I had to put new hinds on it before storage last year and hasn't even crossed my mind about psi. So hopefully theres some gains to be had there. Maybe try 35f 30r?Changed filters, cleaned maf again etc. Fuel looked "hazy" so did a additive and 2 stroke cocktail. Hasn't had the heistation pop up under WOT at top of 4th again so hopefully the rods are still straight lol. Tried to lug the shit out of it too and no miss, so fingers crossed she's alright on the health check

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
For some reason 36/32 seems to come to mind, but every truck is different.
Bent rods shouldnt show up as your hesitation. They do sometimes show themselves by white smoke on cold start up, though.
It'll be alright until it isnt. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck at the track.

Reactions: LSxBakakos

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
I'll give it a shot, I appreciate it! And it's funny you say that, I know sac can be known to haze but Ive had a blueish white hue ever since I slapped these sticks in. Also noticed earlier switching back tunes from balance rate test i believe it's pilot noise that I hear getting louder every click up on the tune. Truck does idle pretty smooth but has a lot of vibration since I'm running damn near solid motor mounts. They're 3/16 plate with tiny poly inserts. As far as I'm concerned they feel like solids lol

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
Went again, this time on a full tank and HORRIBLE d/a here tonight 3100 60%humidity. Ran 35f 30r, lost mph for sure, actually took the tailgate off this time too. Talked with a buddy from calibrated/DT truck made damn near 50psi tonight with this 67mm. Pulled air filter dropped 3psi back, they don't seem worried about what it's making for boost but I suspect this air filter is collapsing judging by it's looks. First launch(12.6)unloaded all 4 pedaled it, got back in it etc. 18psi was the best psi to leave at from what if seemed. Last run was the 12.1 trans either unlocked conv in 2nd or slipped. Fingers crossed I get it in the bag next time. With these hillbilly bars unlike my old caltracs I don't know if I should keep them setup to zero-lash or actually add a round of preload into them. may buy rear single adj qa1's too. Oddly enough sender either went out or stuck the float. Hardest launch I saw orange on the cluster, sure enough it's pegged at empty even after donkey kicking the tank 😂

Attachments

• Snapchat-195726806.jpg
    Snapchat-195726806.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Snapchat-1668777851.jpg
    Snapchat-1668777851.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 24

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Based on your other videos, rear isn’t your issue. You still have too much front end rise that’s too fast. You are having a toe in issue which is causing the front end to force it’s self up faster even though you have rebound maxed on the qa1’s. You want some rear squat and you have that. Best I can tell you don’t have the power or traction to really make the back end work yet. Gotta get the front dialed.

Cal tracs will work better than single bars becuase you can adjust anti-squat, single bars can’t really do that without multiple hole locations. They are just axle wrap bars in the end. Do I think you need them or benefit from them? Maybe some but I’d wait till you put more power down.

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
Based on your other videos, rear isn’t your issue. You still have too much front end rise that’s too fast. You are having a toe in issue which is causing the front end to force it’s self up faster even though you have rebound maxed on the qa1’s. You want some rear squat and you have that. Best I can tell you don’t have the power or traction to really make the back end work yet. Gotta get the front dialed.

Cal tracs will work better than single bars becuase you can adjust anti-squat, single bars can’t really do that without multiple hole locations. They are just axle wrap bars in the end. Do I think you need them or benefit from them? Maybe some but I’d wait till you put more power down.
By all means I'm open to any suggestions you or the other guys have. I'm beating my head off the wall at this point, and want that damn slip in my hand lol.

I've set up multiple 2wd cars, this whole 4 wheel deal is definitely a learning curve that I apparently can't dial in, yet. Only went long bars since it tows occasionally and since I'd like to hook to a sled at some point, apparently not my best choice. I'm built and braced up front with rare parts idler and pitman, DHD all seasons brace, fresh lcas, ucas with kryptonite ball joints neg angles etc so I'm unsure of what I could do to correct a toe in issue, I also haven't had it aligned yet. I do have videos from last night, but the front end doesn't rise much at least in my eyes. I ran the SRD assassin traction bars on my lsx truck, but figured with the torque Id probably turn them into pretzels. Same design as a caltrac but with 5holes of adj on eyelet side of the leaf and 5on the axle side, went 1.588 in 2wd on a 35" a/t. All in all, whatever you guys recommend for changes, pressure etc I'm an open ear

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Go back to what you were doing originally, other than the front shocks. I fear we've put some confusion into your setup and procedures that were working for you.
Also, you might be pressuring yourself a bit bc you're so close, which tends to make things tougher.

Reactions: LSxBakakos

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
In a way I guess I should be decently happy. Considering the d/a was double what it was last time and I had a full tank this time so the 12.08 easily could've been quicker with better conditions and less weight. I 110% keep putting pressure on myself bc I'm determined so it's probably not helping any lol

LSxBakakos

May 29, 2022
Illinois
Proud to say the ole girl finally touched 11s tonight!
First pass of the night was the winner. ended up pulling the air filter and used my velocity stack. replaced my map sensor which had been stuck open hence the 48psi last time. I can post the video tomorrow(built too much boost and let out of it) definitely confident she's got 11.80s in it but might just retire it or run it on a lower tune. Second pass was a 12.03 but sputtered hard on the big end, since my sending unit killed itself last time out I didn't know how much fuel was in it. Sure enough filled up after the track and was right around the 9/16 mark which is where it normally starts getting starvation issues. D/a was about 2800 again so it may have another .1-2 in it if I can get the suspension to do it's thing. Although I'm not at the point yet I'm really wondering what she'll do on the boom boom tune/100rw more

Attachments

• Snapchat-123560882.jpg
    Snapchat-123560882.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 22