New LML Pressure regulator spring.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
After extensive testing and trial and error, I have figured out that the software in the LML TCM defuels quite a bit causing all kinds of laggy responses from the Alli because of the 80 psi pressure it runs at.
I have a new spring which almost doubles the low pressure and increases the higher spike pressure by 80 psi. This spring allows the tap cells to back off a bit and allow a quicker response to the throttle demand. Unfortunately the trans has to come out to install it.
The spring will be available in a couple of weeks. Don't know the price yet, but it will be dirt cheap.:D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
At what rpm is the defuel occurring? Is this the "dead pedal" defuel you are speaking of? Cool stuff your working on there!
It defuels right off idle at WOT. TCM will not allow instant throttle response probably because of the 80 psi base mainline pressure. Even at 45 mph there is not much reponse when you hit WOT. It's caused me to run a few red lights. :mad:

Dec 2, 2006
TN
It defuels right off idle at WOT. TCM will not allow instant throttle response probably because of the 80 psi base mainline pressure. Even at 45 mph there is not much reponse when you hit WOT. It's caused me to run a few red lights. :mad:

So Mike, with this does it actually "Fix" the dead pedal overall or is that still some TCM/ECM programming to take care of?