New guy from Florida

Delta.Speed

Mar 26, 2022
Hello all!!

New to the forum since I just purchased my first Dmax truck. The truck is an 02 2500HD CC LB 4x4.

Some might wonder why I purchased one of the least desirable Dmax generations for my first diesel truck. Well, it was dirt cheap cause it has issues, and I enjoy working on my own stuff which gets a bit harder with emissions loaded trucks. So I figured it was a good truck to get acquainted with the diesel world.

I bought the truck in project condition, the prior owner put some visual work into it but it's pretty neglected mechanically. It has what I believe to be valvetrain noise, CEL is on, has several oil leaks that I'm going to be addressing, but other than that it seems to be fairly solid for a 20 year old truck.

There's a lot of crappy work that has been done on it that I will also be correcting. I'll post some of the crappier ones that made me chuckle and shake my head here for your amusement!

Anyway I look forward to gaining knowledge in this forum from all the guys here that I'm sure know more than me. I'm going to make a build thread to capture some of the immediate stuff im doing on it already, hope to get some input.

See y'all around!
c4f91d4cfb33087d2c9329fcfe993709.jpg
24d5257cfb40fb35280cc9eb0d61e250.jpg
c93fb58558bbb33625c3627b4968d439.jpg
37a094bbb8de02773e1dae81e13b0c43.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Delta.Speed

Mar 26, 2022
"Least desirable", my ass.

LB7s are not bad engines at all, esp with SAC injectors available now.

Welcome. Look forward to the build thread. Have fun.
Build thread is up. Called it "Newbie rescues an LB7" any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I agree its not the least desirable. I actually prefer it to newer trucks with all the emissions stuff on them. Simply because they are much harder to work on. Also its my favorite front end from the pre dpf trucks.

But in the time I've owned it I've gotten a lot of.... "eeehhh, why'd you buy an LB7 though?? They eat injectors, and they dont make any power..." among other comments, so I figured I might be in for some of that here and decided to get ahead of it.

So thank you much for the warm welcome!!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
ever since the introduction of the SAC style injectors the LB7 has become worthy again and many are holding onto or repurchasing them. I miss mine for sure

Reactions: Bdsankey

Delta.Speed

Mar 26, 2022
ever since the introduction of the SAC style injectors the LB7 has become worthy again and many are holding onto or repurchasing them. I miss mine for sure
Learning about the SAC injectors was a pleasant surprise after buying the truck for sure. I bought it with the mindset I'd just throw injectors on it every 60k if I kept it for long, now according to what I've read on them it seems I may not have to after all.

Reactions: Bdsankey