New Drop-in VGT for "Best bang for your buck!"

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Matt I saw that, sorry man that is some carnage for sure. I hope not, I don't think I am anywhere close too your power level but it is always a possibility even at stock power and I am well beyond that. I have always said I don't plan on building a motor but I have come to think if you are even dabbling in the horse power game you better prepare for the worst... At this point my plans are not to add anymore power but to do what I can to make this power level safer and work toward being able to feed a built motor should that ever happen...
Or maybe I am just justifying a built motor, it sounded good in my head anyway:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Well hello Jason:hello: showdown or not we have got to get together...:thumb:
Remember I am still stock fuel... I think my next move is an intercooler the I will go with duel fuelers and show the stock injectors 30,000 rail pressure before going with 60% overs then I will entertain the thought of a 480 over this 3794...

Meh...I'm pushin fuel with a stock CP3...
I'd get injectors before pumps, yes, I realize you didn't ask

I'm wanting to use a GT4718r as the atmo with the DP 3794..but the "new" still hasn't wore off of just driving the damn thing, yet...right now I'm still pretty happy with the truck running at all. At any rate, it'd be fun to see what happened between the two our rigs, they're pretty closely matched beasts
Lol

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Meh...I'm pushin fuel with a stock CP3...
I'd get injectors before pumps, yes, I realize you didn't ask

I'm wanting to use a GT4718r as the atmo with the DP 3794..but the "new" still hasn't wore off of just driving the damn thing, yet...right now I'm still pretty happy with the truck running at all. At any rate, it'd be fun to see what happened between the two our rigs, they're pretty closely matched beasts
Lol

I have been around and around about what order to mod and if you fallow how I do things I tend to build in the support for the next big mod before that mod... I believe that a good spay pattern and fuel atomization is not only important for building power and keeping smoke low it also helps prevent hot spots that put holes in pistons..
This truck is my DD but am having a hole lot of fun so I think I am going to work toward this truck being a tow truck and starting a dedicated race truck build...

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That's easy to say when you're in Wyoming...
Hey, isn't that where they shot that gay cowboy movie?
:angel:
Unfortunately that gay cowboy movie was shot about 2.5hrs SE of me.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I have been around and around about what order to mod and if you fallow how I do things I tend to build in the support for the next big mod before that mod... I believe that a good spay pattern and fuel atomization is not only important for building power and keeping smoke low it also helps prevent hot spots that put holes in pistons..
This truck is my DD but am having a hole lot of fun so I think I am going to work toward this truck being a tow truck and starting a dedicated race truck build...

Yes, I agree with what you're saying, just have a different outlook... Performance injectors will deliver the spray pattern you're looking for with a stock CP3 @ the power levels your engine can handle...

I wouldn't do a sportsman pump either...like your sig indicates you want to...run dual stockers or a single 10/12mm...atomization of the fuel is beneficial, but tuning will eliminate smoke better than adding unrequested fuel pressure will...adding an atmo might be the best solution there tho :D

A race truck, huh...better just pull double duty with what ya got, you want to STAY married, right?
Lol

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Yaaaaaa.......
And one of you two should buy my twin kit.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Yes, I agree with what you're saying, just have a different outlook... Performance injectors will deliver the spray pattern you're looking for with a stock CP3 @ the power levels your engine can handle...

I wouldn't do a sportsman pump either...like your sig indicates you want to...run dual stockers or a single 10/12mm...atomization of the fuel is beneficial, but tuning will eliminate smoke better than adding unrequested fuel pressure will...adding an atmo might be the best solution there tho :D

A race truck, huh...better just pull double duty with what ya got, you want to STAY married, right?
Lol

I am working on getting her hooked she had fun last trip too Bremerton Raceways and she is going with too the NHRDA Nationals.:thumb:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Yaaaaaa.......
And one of you two should buy my twin kit.

I'm not gonna lie I wish I could get it as I think it'd pair well with my 68r but I just got engaged so no truck parts for a while but I will say it's a sweet kit

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Yea if it were about a thousand dollars cheaper I could afford it lol

I could pull the turbo out of the kit.

The turbo is what I want I'll build the rest LOL . I think I will have to go with a 480 and an additional oil cooler as much as I would love to have the Garret it is a little rich for my income:eek:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Mark, I scanned through to see if my questions were answered already in this thread, but I couldn't find anything. I was looking at your website, and I see you have a Stage 1 GT2794va with a cast wheel for $1450 and a drop in BatMoWheel for $399 (which I assume gets you to the $1850 in your first post in this thread?). I also see you have a Stage 2 GT3794va that already comes with a BMW. What else is done to this over the Stage 1? Finally, how do either of these turbos compare to your 68mm Stg2R?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Mark, I scanned through to see if my questions were answered already in this thread, but I couldn't find anything. I was looking at your website, and I see you have a Stage 1 GT2794va with a cast wheel for $1450 and a drop in BatMoWheel for $399 (which I assume gets you to the $1850 in your first post in this thread?). I also see you have a Stage 2 GT3794va that already comes with a BMW. What else is done to this over the Stage 1? Finally, how do either of these turbos compare to your 68mm Stg2R?

The Stg2 also gets the cover inlet machined to race style and the turbine housing gets cnc ported and coated. The Stg2R has a larger turbine and is more aggressive vane setup so makes more hp.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is there a noticeable difference in spool from one to the other?

02_ramair_ta

Nov 10, 2015
Just figured I would add my 2 cents..

I bought the 3794 stage 2 from danville a couple months back.. just installed it last weekend, along with an egr block off plate and the danville tune on my efi live.. all I can say is the truck has never ran better.. it pulls like a freight train, and no mess, little to no smoke, ect.

I'm completely stock aside from the new turbo and egr block off, so I don't think I'll ever see the limits of this turbo, maybe after a built trans and some fuel mods, but that is not in the near future.

I couldn't be happier, my truck is a tow pig, so I wasn't looking for a max effort turbo, just something better than the stocker, and plug and play.. they really came through with this one!!

Also customer service is A+++
I know how hectic running a shop can be, and they still made the time to answer my questions, build me a tune and get it all together and sent out as fast as possible!

thanks again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk