New Colorado Diesel.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Trollin', trollin', trollin'......:hehe:

I'll give him a call tomorrow. I doubt he'll tell me anything interesting, though. Its that whole "getting fired for leaking information" thing he doesnt like. :hehe:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
All I got out of that video was STICKSHIFT!!! :driving::driving::driving::driving::driving:

Although I'm sure it'll be neutered by the time it comes to the US :mad:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Should definitely be a fun truck. The manufacturer of the engine controller doesnt matter as much as whos software is loaded into it... (GM in house software/OS, or the controllers' manufacturers' software, but just tuned by GM)

If the Continental controller in the colorado is running all GM software, it will be "easy" for EFILive to map it and figure it out. If its Continental software, then you might as well be starting from scratch, and dont expect EFILive to have any support for it anytime soon.

Dont know about the software, but it'll be tuned by GM. I could see the software being a modified version of the LML code b/c GM likes to save money. It makes sense. Here's hoping.....

Numbers are TBD, but would somewhere around stock-LB7 hp/tq excite you guys?

probably 3rd quarter 2015 we'll see them...would be my guess.

You are downright scary sometimes, you know that?

When I texted my nephew today, he was working on one. :) Thats his project right now. I made sure to ask him to push for a stout transmission and to beef up the engine internals, b/c I know some crazy people who are itching to hotrod these trucks. :hehe:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What my dad paid out the door when he ordered the truck I currently own in jan of 01 for a fully loaded truck at the time. He got it in August of that year

2y2uha8e.jpg

Last edited:

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
I asked when you'd be able to order a diesel and he said we don't have a timeline yet so I'm guessing a few months easy. Our ltz Colorado gas we just got is like 36k I think

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
How?????

In 05 with every option including sunroof and rear seat DVD, it was only like $47k I was 99% sure.

My 05 LS stickered for $47,260 (just looked at it). It is fairly loaded with sunroof but no DVD, manual passenger seat, not an LT, no steering wheel contols and ???

I paid $35,000 out the door in Jan 06 with less than 2500 miles though. Try that today :roflmao:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
My 05 LS stickered for $47,260 (just looked at it). It is fairly loaded with sunroof but no DVD, manual passenger seat, not an LT, no steering wheel contols and ???

I paid $35,000 out the door in Jan 06 with less than 2500 miles though. Try that today :roflmao:

wow. Would you mind posting the sticker? Im just curious how the costs broke down back than.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I just went out and looked at my window sticker and invoice from when I got my truck. Sticker price was a couple hundred over $48k for a 2006 4wd CC/SB LT3 with the power package or whatever they called the Dmax/Allison combo, HD trailering package, tow mirrors, OnStar plus, 5th wheel camper wiring, upgraded tires, and a few other little things; no sunroof or RSE. Out the door with tax and all it was $40,023.