New Colorado Diesel.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
We just got a Colorado here at the dealership. I really like the ground clearance and interior room for a small truck. I'm considering one when the diesels come out

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Should definitely be a fun truck. The manufacturer of the engine controller doesnt matter as much as whos software is loaded into it... (GM in house software/OS, or the controllers' manufacturers' software, but just tuned by GM)

If the Continental controller in the colorado is running all GM software, it will be "easy" for EFILive to map it and figure it out. If its Continental software, then you might as well be starting from scratch, and dont expect EFILive to have any support for it anytime soon.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I checked with my local dealer yesterday. He heard they are not gonna make it out next year. Hope he's wrong!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
We will be building them for 2016 model year. Have not ran any thru the line here yet. We're still working on the cab and chassis trucks and reg cabs.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Should definitely be a fun truck. The manufacturer of the engine controller doesnt matter as much as whos software is loaded into it... (GM in house software/OS, or the controllers' manufacturers' software, but just tuned by GM)

If the Continental controller in the colorado is running all GM software, it will be "easy" for EFILive to map it and figure it out. If its Continental software, then you might as well be starting from scratch, and dont expect EFILive to have any support for it anytime soon.

I checked with my local dealer yesterday. He heard they are not gonna make it out next year. Hope he's wrong!

probably 3rd quarter 2015 we'll see them...would be my guess.

You guys want me to ask my nephew what he knows?