LBZ: NEW BDS 4.5 inch Coilover Conversion Lift

steveman09

Apr 30, 2013
Anyone used the new BDS Coilover Conversion Lift kit for the 01-07 (classic) silverado? I will be towing heavy at times and am torn between just doing a Zone 6 inch kit and turning it down to 4 inch or going with the BDS 4.5inch , is the ride quality and control with the BDS going to be that much better than conventional lifts for towing? Thanks!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Why do you want to lift your truck if you tow heavy a lot?

Yes it’s do able, but your truck will to better at stock height

steveman09

Apr 30, 2013
Because I can’t stand the look and ride of the stock setup , my last truck was an 04 LB7 with a fab tech 6 inch lift on 35s with air bags and I had no issues towing with that setup

Turner11

Oct 28, 2019
I run the non coil over BDS 4.5 on my 2016 with fox shocks, I was testing the waters before jumping all the way to the coil overs. I haven’t changed or regretted it. I can tow without having an incredibly large drop hitch and the ride quality is pretty awesome loaded or unloaded. I didn’t max out the keys they are turned down slightly and I’m still running 20s with 35s and no rub and no fender hack job.

HWI

Feb 7, 2016
FL
I am sure the BDS coil-over rides awesome, but I don't personally have any experience with it. I can say that a Zone 6" lift turned down rides great. I am running the Zone lift with 3" blocks in the rear and the front turned down to level it out, nice flat angles up front, that's with 35x12.5s.