LLY: Need NEW Batteries.....Is Interstate any good...??

Sourdough

Alaska Wilderness Wanderer
May 19, 2017
Wilderness Alaska
Well got 16 years out of the original equipment batteries (AC Delco G1110)

So I need new batteries, and the closet town is Los'Anchorage, Alaska. Word is that the Interstate Battery is about the best available in Anchorage, AK. ($167.00 each + core)

Truck is: 2005 GMC 5500 Duramax

I would appreciate any advise on replacement batteries.

Thank you, And sorry if I screwed-up posting this thread.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The quality of interstate batteries seems to have really fallen in the last few years. I don’t use them anymore.

Sourdough

May 19, 2017
Wilderness Alaska
The quality of interstate batteries seems to have really fallen in the last few years. I don’t use them anymore.

Well.........I am totally open to advise. I'll see what members suggest, and phone shop for it in Los'Anchorage. Another option is if AMAZON carries a quality battery.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have had good luck out of AC Delco and Continental. A lot of people swear by Deka batteries, but I haven’t found anyone locally that carries them.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I guess I have had good luck out of interstate. They haven't let me down and I get 3-5 years out of them without ever plugging my trucks in here in the midwest. With that said, I am planning on going to X2 Power/Northstar/Odyssey once this set in my daily driver fail. The X2 Power batteries are nice as they are identical to Northstar but carry a 5yr free replacement warranty and are carried at Batteries & Bulbs/Batteries Plus. The X2 Power/Northstar carry the highest CCA for our battery size that I've seen at 880CCA.

Sourdough

May 19, 2017
Wilderness Alaska
I guess I have had good luck out of interstate. They haven't let me down and I get 3-5 years out of them without ever plugging my trucks in here in the midwest. With that said, I am planning on going to X2 Power/Northstar/Odyssey once this set in my daily driver fail. The X2 Power batteries are nice as they are identical to Northstar but carry a 5yr free replacement warranty and are carried at Batteries & Bulbs/Batteries Plus. The X2 Power/Northstar carry the highest CCA for our battery size that I've seen at 880CCA.

Thank You............there is a Battery Plus store in Los'Anchorage.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have great luck with Cat batteries. When I lived in Fairbanks the delco’s Went bad at ten years. I installed cat and still have them 5-6 years old now and a lot of -40 starts. You can Call NC Machinery and see if they have a couple in stock. 127-0826 is the part number iirc. Also they are 875 cca, makes difference in Ak for cold starts.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
For the past 10 years, I have had horrible experiences with interstate. I bought Exides for the k10 about 6 years ago and they’re still going pretty strong. Those or Deka have my vote

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I have great luck with Cat batteries. When I lived in Fairbanks the delco’s Went bad at ten years. I installed cat and still have them 5-6 years old now and a lot of -40 starts. You can Call NC Machinery and see if they have a couple in stock. 127-0826 is the part number iirc. Also they are 875 cca, makes difference in Ak for cold starts.

Cat lists them at 850CCA. https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/127-0826

Any rough idea on what they set you back?

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I have had pretty good luck with the batteries from Batteries Plus, both the Duracell and the x2Power Premium AGM batteries.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
I have Napa batteries, going on 6 years now. Florida truck, stock batteries lasted 5 years, then I got 2 Optima Yellow tops, those died in 2 years, now on to those NAPA batteries...

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
^^^^^ what he said. I used the napa agm batteries. For what's it's worth they're made in the usa by Deka for napa.

Plus should you have problems on the road there is normally a Napa fairly close.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I like AC Delco batteries, they have treated me good over the years. you can get them off Amazon free shipping if you have prime