Need help!!!! Maf, clean dpf, low fuel rail

D.WIG

Jun 18, 2015
Watonga, Oklahoma
:confused: Alright guys i need some input. I traded in my 08 6.0l chevy for a 08 dirty max with a hay bed on it for a little more pulling power to haul my cattle around.

Once in a blue moon I get a code that tells me low fuel rail pressure and cannot keep a fuel filter past 95% mostly while climbing a hill or accelerating.

today while checking cattle i went through a little bit of water and about ten mins later i got a MAF code. I am hoping maybe the sensor needs cleaned gunna clean her up in the am.

later after that i went into limp mode and it said to clean exhaust filter.

i got the wife talked into putting an AIR DOG on hoping that will solve the issue with the fuel filters and rail pressure.

my hands are in the air on the dpf. i should probably just delete it, but all i do is move cattle here and there and use it to feed.

long story short, this is my first diesel and have no idea what im doing lol.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
The maf could be as simple as the filter. Lbz/lmm are a bit finicky when it comes to air filters. We only use o.e. If still equipped with the factory box
The dpf codes could be related to the maf issue. But if you can get by deleting the dpf in your area the truck will be a lot happier if it spends a lot of time at low speeds.
Don't count on the airdog fixing your low rail issues. That could be a supply problem but it could also be injectors or the pump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Check the fuel relief valve first thing on your low rail situation. Could be a simple $40 fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.WIG

Jun 18, 2015
Watonga, Oklahoma
Thanks for the response. When I got the truck three weeks ago first thing I did was change the oil and air filter out with a Napa air filter. I ordered a Delco fuel filter off amazon just because I've heard some others say that wix doesn't suit well without a lift pump.

So I changed all that and still dropped from %95 to 0 on fuel filter. I've heard of the fuel filter housing, not sure if that's proper wording so bear with me, having hair line cracks and causing it, but I can't see any leak or anything like that.

As far as the dpf goes I can get away with a delete kit but momma prolly won't like the cost. So I'm about to try to clean the mass air sensor and go from there.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
When I get a few later I'll explain an easy way to test the relief valve.

Or Google duramax relief valve bottle test if you don't want to wait on me. I've had multiple trucks with this problem and took care of it with a new valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.WIG

Jun 18, 2015
Watonga, Oklahoma
Alright. I pulled the maf sensor and cleaned it with contact cleaner, and still no Bueno. So I guess I will order a new sensor? I don't know.

When I started the truck it idled for a bit then seemed like it was gunna try to regen then it threw the p0101 again.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Find some one with a ppe programmer or tech 2 and force regen it, ive seen them not do it and mine got stuck in regen once, its a terribly engineered system. Id bet once you force it the problem will go away if there arent any remaining codes...

D.WIG

Jun 18, 2015
Watonga, Oklahoma
Sorry it took me so long to get back on hear. turned out the MAF problrm was my hose popped off the bottom of my resinator box (I think thats how you spell it lol)

On my low fuel rail pressure, i had a mechanic friend come out and hook up his fancy little computer dilly bobber (from the dealership he works at), and it showed #7 injector was clogged and #8 injetcor was stuck to far open i guess i should say. Other then that he didnt see anything else.

That was about three weeks ago and i haven't got my injectors in yet. Meanwhile, on tuesday it seemed like i have been really bogging down and throwing an EGR code when passing someone. So, i get the bright idea to tear apart my egr.and lets just say it was very very ugly. I think its called the forced air chamber? still not real familiar with all the parts. anyway it was nasty, like maybe a braums straw would fit through the carbon build up. So i cleaned it all out real good stuck er back in. went good for a day then i threw the code again and went into limp mode last night after i simply pressed resume on my cruise control from 55 to 65mph.

any ideas on this or you guys think its injectors.

oooo she is rollin smoke to with no delete still bone stock

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
What are your injector balance rates? Did your buddy do a return test? It sounds like you have multiple issues compounding. Smoke thru a DPF usually means its cracked,egr needs to be deleted and your cat might be clogged as well. What codes s it throwing?

D.WIG

Jun 18, 2015
Watonga, Oklahoma
What are your injector balance rates? Did your buddy do a return test? It sounds like you have multiple issues compounding. Smoke thru a DPF usually means its cracked,egr needs to be deleted and your cat might be clogged as well. What codes s it throwing?

Honestly im not sure about the balance rates i know 1-6 on his screen he had was like -0.some to +0.some and 7 was a -3.some and 8 was +3. some.

I really wish i knew 3 weeks ago what i know now lol cause i was pretty much pissin in the wind when it came to me workin on a diesel.

See, i dont know if he did a return test, i have tried to read up up on injectors and the more i read the more nervous i get thinkinjg maybe thats not the problem and now i have spent money on injectors that could have went somehere elses. like a delete kit lol

D.WIG

Jun 18, 2015
Watonga, Oklahoma
i havent the slightest idea what i was looking at when he showed me those two injector rates. i just know that they was way different then the other 6 and assumed that prolly wasnt good.

i wish i was knowledgable enough in this field to know for sure because just got off the phone with the father in law which has an 07.5, and he said he has 4 injectors sittin in his shop and wants to tear into mine on saturday.
:dontknow: