Need help ASAP

Wardiamond2212

Jan 30, 2021
Hey guys I have a 2002 2500hd I’m hoping someone can help. Christmas Eve I slowly bumped a snow pile and my power steering pulley came off and truck wouldn’t shift. Two days later I installed new pump and pulley started truck and all was normal. Few weeks later went to start it and again only reverse. I replaced nsbu twice now, speed sensor on torque converter, pulled pan replaced both filters was no chunks of metal or anything major. Found under fuse box mice chewed wires I now have truck at a shop they re wires all bad wires and now has no codes but still no forward gears. Trucks stock. I pulled plug from side of trans and had fluid in it I cleaned and put back no difference. It looks like there was a leak on a trans line and they used a clamp and piece of hose to stop leak would that cause this? I’m already over a grand in parts and labor for a truck I just bought and now shop says they can’t do anything more

Wardiamond2212

Jan 30, 2021
Also before this ran fine I bought it from original owner drove for a month no problems shifted fine never slipped once. Has 220,000 on it what would cause this without any codes

Wardiamond2212

Jan 30, 2021
Also if I put in 4 lo it drives. All fluid is good a new. When in 2wd I shift to drive you hear it engaging then a few seconds go by and slips out. Shifter feels a bit sloppy and reverse lunges as put in nuetral feels like it goes forward a bit

bimmer95

Mar 16, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
Hey guys I have a 2002 2500hd I’m hoping someone can help. Christmas Eve I slowly bumped a snow pile and my power steering pulley came off and truck wouldn’t shift. Two days later I installed new pump and pulley started truck and all was normal. Few weeks later went to start it and again only reverse. I replaced nsbu twice now, speed sensor on torque converter, pulled pan replaced both filters was no chunks of metal or anything major. Found under fuse box mice chewed wires I now have truck at a shop they re wires all bad wires and now has no codes but still no forward gears. Trucks stock. I pulled plug from side of trans and had fluid in it I cleaned and put back no difference. It looks like there was a leak on a trans line and they used a clamp and piece of hose to stop leak would that cause this? I’m already over a grand in parts and labor for a truck I just bought and now shop says they can’t do anything more
Pulled plug from side of trans?I don't think Allisons have that.Or are you talking about the transfer case?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Are you sure the problem isn’t in the transfer case? I suspect that could be where the problem lies bit maybe I’m all wrong.

Wardiamond2212

Jan 30, 2021
I thought the same. The mechanic said he checked it and the fluid was good as well. I was thinking since he has same truck would hooking up his tcm to my truck to see if that’s the problem hurt his in anyway?

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
If doing that i would hook his into yours and see what happens that way if the tcm is commanding some crazy thing it wont hurt his truck.

Wardiamond2212

Jan 30, 2021
I was thinking that but he refuses he wants it done that way. He’s also charging me 900 for today just in diagnosing with no answers so

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Ok if he want to do it that way fine but not your fault if it hurts his truck in anyway. My what for shop rate does he have.

Wardiamond2212

Jan 30, 2021
He told me he would help me out and couldn’t see this going more than 500 now he’s telling me 180hr which I’d not pay and I had to walk him through a lot all he kept saying is how there’s no codes and he fixed trans gauge I only have had this truck two months I’m paying this amount to get my truck in the same condition back is ridiculous

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
My I would find another shop before paying for 180hrs of labor. Better yet figure it out myself. LOL

Wardiamond2212

Jan 30, 2021
I know I did as much as I could I have bad nerve damage in my hands from years riding my Harley in the winters so I can’t wrench like I could

Wardiamond2212

Jan 30, 2021
I’m not paying shit I’m more frustrated about the time wasted I have three kids and this is our main vehicle until my wife gets hers back from the shop for fixing head gasket