Need aftermarket Stereo help

muttskin

Apr 11, 2019
Hi all,

Awhile back, I installed an aftermarket sub and amp to my 2016 GMC Duramax Denali with Bose. I am running a Rockford Fosgate R1200 amp at 1 ohm, and have two 12" Kicker CompVR subs which are each 4 ohm DVC. I have the DVC subs wired to run 1 ohm off the amp. Stock head unit.

I tapped the RCA inputs for the new amp from the two factory subwoofer wires leaving the factory amp, and ran these wires through an AudioControl LC2i Line Output converter before going to the new amp. My subs do receive signal, however my problem is the subs don't seem to receive the full range of frequencies as they should. I have set my high pass and low pass filters correctly, and have played with the LOC, but it seems that the frequency range of the subs are very limited, and limited to very punchy bass without much rumble. Just curious if anyone had any thoughts.

A few ideas I have:
- Disconnect the factory sub
-try wiring the RCA inputs from the front or rear door, rather than the subwoofer (maybe the factory subwoofer channel has a HPF/LPF?)
-poor box design?
-faulty amp or LOC?

Thank you for any and all help.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
It would be too much work to type it out. Send me a pm with your phone number and I’ll give you a call.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
https://pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-amplifier-interfaces/ap4-gm61

This is way too expensive but easy. If you get the pin out for the factory amp you can solder your own RCA’s onto the low level wires.

Running line output converters on a Bose system sucks because you’re only getting signal the factory amp is providing you with. I bypassed my Bose amp and hooked up an aftermarket amp to my factory door speakers and factory head unit. The quality of sound the factory head unit is really good. The factory amp is where you get shitty sound quality.