Need ABS help. LMM swap in 2013 gas chassis

hhh217

Oct 17, 2010
I have a customer that dropped off a truck he just bought. It’s a 2013 2500 Silverado that was build with a 6.0 gas engine. It had a 2007.5 LMM engine swapped in. From what I can tell they swapped over just about everything wiring and all modules so the truck now is running with all the LMM stuff. Here is my abs issue. I installed the missing abs fuses and pulled the codes and found they had a few wires mixed up and I straightened all that out. It has a 3 port abs system so it reads off both front speed sensors and gets rear speed from the ecm. Unlike how the truck came from the factory with a speed sensor at each wheel end. When I drive the truck it will read all wheel speeds but at 55mph the rear is correct but the front sensors read about 45mph and the difference gets bigger the faster you go. I assume the 2013 front tone rings have a different number of teeth than the abs module is programmed for. I can’t easily swap front hubs with the older style due to the wheel lug pattern change. Does anyone have an idea how I can get the front wheel speed to read the same as the rear?
I am trying to solve this because it sets a wheel speed frequency error and stops the abs and trailer brake control function.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
If it's actually reading rear speed from ecm/tcm you can calibrate the pulse per rev in the ECM and TCM both I believe. I would try playing with that first. You can also adjust Speedo in same tables, cause it will be off once you get the other stuff lined up.

Bests

-K

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk