nearly 2300 hp!

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
I am not saying they don't have the engine power to run the tens. Not an issue at all. I would love to see a full pulling chassis truck run the tens. That's my point setup to me makes more of a difference in track times than up.

I ran the eight years back. My trap speeds were consistently 91-92mph. I did a 2wd run for shits and giggles. I melted the tires for over 300 feet. My et was over 1.5 seconds slower and trap speed was 78mph. Didn't change anything other than 4wd vs 2wd. Speed and et were way different but hp was the same. This is why to me track times don't mean you make power or not.

You are clueless

mudygmc

Dec 8, 2008
Buffalo MN
You are clueless

Really, you must be a god. These forums have gone down hill so much the last few years. People are happier bashing others than trying to help or Explain their point of view. I will 100% stand behind what I said. Explain your theory if you are right and I am wrong.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I am not saying they don't have the engine power to run the tens. Not an issue at all. I would love to see a full pulling chassis truck run the tens. That's my point setup to me makes more of a difference in track times than up.

I ran the eight years back. My trap speeds were consistently 91-92mph. I did a 2wd run for shits and giggles. I melted the tires for over 300 feet. My et was over 1.5 seconds slower and trap speed was 78mph. Didn't change anything other than 4wd vs 2wd. Speed and et were way different but hp was the same. This is why to me track times don't mean you make power or not.

Lol. Do it in 2wd without burning tire for half of the track and I bet it would be the same.
The amount of work being done (horsepower) can be determined by weight of vehicle and speed at the end of 1320'. Its a proven fact with a mathematical formula, its not really a matter of opinion. :thumb:

mudygmc

Dec 8, 2008
Buffalo MN
Lol. Do it in 2wd without burning tire for half of the track and I bet it would be the same.
The amount of work being done (horsepower) can be determined by weight of vehicle and speed at the end of 1320'. Its a proven fact with a mathematical formula, its not really a matter of opinion. :thumb:

That's kind of what I am saying. Setup is more important. If you can't efficently put down the power your track times and speed don't really mean much. The perfect setup for our power level is what we are always looking for. Run your race setup get times and speed. Then run solid rear suspension 80lbs of air in the tires and your torsion bars cranked up. I bet my left nut they are different. The closer you are to the perfect setup the closer you will be to your math. Otherwise I see it as mythical numbers as you say dyno numbers are.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
That's kind of what I am saying. Setup is more important. If you can't efficently put down the power your track times and speed don't really mean much. The perfect setup for our power level is what we are always looking for. Run your race setup get times and speed. Then run solid rear suspension 80lbs of air in the tires and your torsion bars cranked up. I bet my left nut they are different. The closer you are to the perfect setup the closer you will be to your math. Otherwise I see it as mythical numbers as you say dyno numbers are.

The trap speed will be the same, regardless of setup. The ET will change. Im not trying to argue, but with having over 200 passes on my truck i can tell you first hand its true. It doesnt matter what tires you run or the suspension, the trap speed will be the same. My truck will run anywhere from 12.0s to 11.7s depending on my 60', but they ALL will be at 114-115 mph.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
On my old 2wd I ran hard Firestone's with no traction bars. 60ft was 2.40 Then ran slicks with caltracs. 1.78 60ft. Both runs I ran 115mph. But my 1/4 time was over a second faster cause I got to 115 faster. Now if your set up is so horrible and the track is ice you might run into a issue with calculations.

Antiher03

Nov 10, 2013
Utah
The trap speed will be the same, regardless of setup. The ET will change. Im not trying to argue, but with having over 200 passes on my truck i can tell you first hand its true. It doesnt matter what tires you run or the suspension, the trap speed will be the same. My truck will run anywhere from 12.0s to 11.7s depending on my 60', but they ALL will be at 114-115 mph.

I can second this. One was 12.8 @ 104.9 than 13.1 @ 104.9 and 13.4 @ 104.9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk