N2O Questions

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Most likely will be running N2O on my truck in the spring. Was going to go with a different turbo but thats probably out. I have a few questions. Are you guys running a different waste gate than stock on your turbo? I was thinking that either a larger waste gate or running the stock gate at stock boost levels would help out with drive pressure issues. I was going to run the ppe boost valve on #2 and then when I spray it putting in a bypass to run the waste gate at stock boost levels so the excess pressure would bypass the turbine and not be so restricted that way. Any insight would be appreciated.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Maybe hit Nathan up about one of his springed / drive pressure opened adjustable waste gates he uses on his LB7 twin kits , my white truck has one on the stocker and it is nice having a adjustable waste gate . but most dont do anything with the waste gate when using Nitrous on stock turbo's but i think its a good idea !

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Maybe hit Nathan up about one of his springed / drive pressure opened adjustable waste gates he uses on his LB7 twin kits , my white truck has one on the stocker and it is nice having a adjustable waste gate . but most dont do anything with the waste gate when using Nitrous on stock turbo's but i think its a good idea !

Just might have to do that. I figure if the waste gate is big enough, don't know if the stock one is, that you can set your boost when spraying to the right psi and the exhaust that isn't needed could bypass the turbo and make the engine breathe better and lower drive pressure? Seems like it makes sense. Just need to make it doable.