My New Wheels

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I just received my new [to me] wheels yesterday. They are HELO 835 Black...

I haven't decided on tires just yet and I'll wait 'til there is no more chance of snow around here to put them on. In the mean time, hear is an example of what they look like, in case you don't know...

Attachments

• helo_835_black.jpg
    helo_835_black.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 44

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I've never had a set of black wheels before so this is kinda going out on a limb for me.. I typically prefer bling but I also tend to like black wheels on the grey trucks, the price was right for these, they were the right size so I said "F-it! I'll give'm a whirl!" :D

What do you all think... You can be honest... my fiance is and she is NOT in favor. :(

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
wow, I usually don't like so much black on a wheel but those look awesome. should go great with the color of your truck!
You looking for an a/t? What size are your wheels btw?

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I didn't think I would like black wheels either, but the wife put black on her mustang, and they looked pretty good so I put black on my truck and really ended up liking them.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
They look great. My rims use to be chrome took spary paint to them now there black. Gonna take some chrome spary paint back to them to make them chrome again. lol

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
someone asked about tires... yep, most likely go with an all terrain. The wheels are 17"

thanks for the good comments... makes me feel a little better about my limb climbing. :D

C-ya

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I have been powder coating my wheels black for years....long befor it was popular. I love black wheels, Only thing I don't care for is that there are a lot of people with them not. I like to be different :D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I love Black wheels also. I am looking for 18's in an all black no chrome design-including the nuts and center cap but am having no luck. I may need to go to 20's which I'm ok with.

c_murray7313

Addicted to HORSEPOWER!!!
Apr 2, 2007
Ocean City, Maryland
i must say i do like those wheels. i do think they will go with the gray on ur truck rther nicely, saying that, im not usually a fan of the black wheels, those are some of the best looking ones i have seen. final verdict, I LIKE EM. :rockon::cool:

Last edited: