My new LBZ “build

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Well guys. She’s finally home. The first 06 LLY I went to pick up was a total piece. It. Was. Bad. So I found another 06 but a true LBZ this time on car gurus that I had seen before and called the lot. The guy was great. Took me about 30 pics and 3 videos he text me on the way there. I was already 3 hours from home and he was another hour and a half. Got there. Drive the truck and man she’s a beauty. Not 100% perfect but all around a great truck.

Don’t have any pics yet but it’s an 06 Chevy ECSB 4x4 truck. It says LT but has cloth interior with the jump seat. Not many bells and whistles. It’s white. Stock PYO’s with god awful 285 Duratracs. Jut the inside is very clean. Few little dents and dings. Tiny bit of surface rust on the driver rocker. But it’s bone stock. Never been tuned or anything. Egr and cat is still in place. Trans shifts good. Only issues I found was the fan motor speed 5 doesn’t work. And the dealer said the gas gauge is screwy. But overall a nice stock clean slate. Pics to come tomorrow! Gonna be a slow process. But should be a better truck than my old LB7 was. Already love the stock power of this one.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Congrats! They changed the trim levels in 06. LT was base, then LT2, and loaded was LTZ. Really if you going to put a bit of money into the truck and really make it nice your better off with a base truck. No cheap GM leather and Bose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Congrats! They changed the trim levels in 06. LT was base, then LT2, and loaded was LTZ. Really if you going to put a bit of money into the truck and really make it nice your better off with a base truck. No cheap GM leather and Bose.

Ohh that makes more sense then. I love the base truck. The jump seat is what sold it for me. That and the charcoal interior. Glad there’s no Bose and less electronics to go bad.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sounds like you'll need a fan module and new stepper motors to start, but those are common problems in all 03-07 trucks.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Sounds like you'll need a fan module and new stepper motors to start, but those are common problems in all 03-07 trucks.

The odd thing is the dealer drive the truck as his shop truck for about 2k miles. And never had any issues but he called his mechanic just before I bought the truck to double check any issues and he told him when the gauge says half you’re out but, he had no idea. The truck was on 1/4 when I got it. And I didn’t have any issues.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Glad to hear you got a nice lbz ! And you can start fresh and make it your own the stock power is pretty impressive but yes it's true you get used to it after a while, then next thing you know you're looking for EFI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Glad to hear you got a nice lbz ! And you can start fresh and make it your own the stock power is pretty impressive but yes it's true you get used to it after a while, then next thing you know you're looking for EFI

Step one is tires. Step 2 is egr delete and exhaust. Trango jr. Then a tune:thumb:mark is definitely gonna get my business on this one. built trans from Evan or mike in the future too. Been looking at marks 3794 turbo. But am confused at some stuff. PPE offers a s300/400 kit with just a pedestal and the lines and stuff. No piping. And it’s a fraction of the big name kits because I’m guessing there’s no piping. All that piping necessary? Stupid question I know. But just wanna make sure.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Yes all that piping is required unless you want to build your own.

I would recommend going with HSP for the single turbo install kit.

Your on the right track getting tuning and any VGT upgrades from Danville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Your off on the right track for sure, I myself am also going with Mark don't forget about your transfer case pump rub kit too , yes you would definitely need the piping don't take any shortcuts there

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Yes all that piping is required unless you want to build your own.

I would recommend going with HSP for the single turbo install kit.

Your on the right track getting tuning and any VGT upgrades from Danville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks AJ. not sure I wanna go VGT. But for the price it seems like the best upgrade.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Nicceeeee :thumb:
I got a homemade egr delete kit for $250 I'll sell.
I would replace the blower motor and resistor for the hvac, mine was pulling too many amps at level 5 and would burn up the resistor and wiring harness.

And they didn't change the trim levels in 06, my window sticker says lt3, ltz didn't come around till 07. My old neighbor has an ecsb 06 lt with cloth captain seats, center console with no bose. Weird combo forsure

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Nicceeeee :thumb:
I got a homemade egr delete kit for $250 I'll sell.
I would replace the blower motor and resistor for the hvac, mine was pulling too many amps at level 5 and would burn up the resistor and wiring harness.

And they didn't change the trim levels in 06, my window sticker says lt3, ltz didn't come around till 07. My old neighbor has an ecsb 06 lt with cloth captain seats, center console with no bose. Weird combo forsure

I’m probably just going with a blocker plate and finger stick for now but thanks for the offer. Not sure what this Trucks deal is trim wise but i like it.

SwitchBack

Sep 8, 2012
Vermont

They changed the trim levels in 07.5 with the lmm. There isn’t an ltz trim on an lbz.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
4dfd96aa41069e68c17841deee633981.jpg
7745a6d4eb6ddba709a3dd43d74f407d.jpg

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Needs debadged and mounting taken off. And those god awful chrome strips and steps gone too. Don’t care for the tool box either.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
How much for a finger stick and blocker plate?
I might have a set in the shop if I didn’t throw it away :)
$20 and shipping work if I can find it?