LLY: My first oil change in the lly

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Make sure whatever you use has Molly in it. Schaeffer's I know does. I'd recommend the Schaeffer's Supreme Full Synthetic 9000 5w-40. The lower grade oils like Rotella T etc. are ok on stock engines, but I haven't been to impressed with the protection it gives a high performance engine. For filters I prefer Fleet Guard, but I use Napa Gold's a lot cz they are so handy.

Last edited:

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
I've seen people say mystik makes engine sound a lil quieter. Same with scheaffer's ? Or is that not true?

M.hulsey91

Apr 25, 2015
I've never heard that Schaeffer's does, I guess it all depends what was used before. I'm not all that familiar with Mystic...
Hmm ok.. I think I'm leaning more towards schaeffer's I'd like to be able to buy here locally though instead of having to order it. May check a few stores this weekend. Will auto zone carry it by chance or will I need to find a different store to buy.

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
I rather doubt any retail automotive stores would have it, but I could be wrong.
Hmm ok.. I think I'm leaning more towards schaeffer's I'd like to be able to buy here locally though instead of having to order it. May check a few stores this weekend. Will auto zone carry it by chance or will I need to find a different store to buy.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Make sure whatever you use has Molly in it. Schaeffer's I know does. I'd recommend the Schaeffer's Supreme Full Synthetic 9000 5w-40. The lower grade oils like Rotella T etc. are ok on stock engines, but I haven't been to impressed with the protection it gives a high performance engine. For filters I prefer Fleet Guard, but I use Napa Gold's a lot cz they are so handy.

Moly was a solution when the zinc and phosphorus levels dropped in the oil due to epa mandates. I wouldn't buy an oil based solely on moly content.