my duramax exterior done (round 2 )

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
here is the newest on the dmax aka round 2 finished . now its ready for the summer/river . appearance is done and may add airbags and a new titan fuel tank (55 or 62 gallon) but other than that its done added a few little touches here and there

DSC02976.jpg

DSC03016.jpg

DSC03017.jpg

DSC03018.jpg

DSC03019.jpg

DSC03020.jpg

DSC03021.jpg

DSC03022.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03024.jpg

DSC03025.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

DSC03027.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

the back up cam is so great i can get right on a trailer solo and within an inch of the car behind me . the amp running boards are one of the best designed and made kits out that fit like they should and instructions that were perfect.

the sound setup is pretty nice but the highs need more . the amp'd bose are about what i expected better than stock but not ideal . still having to iron out details on oem integration getting amped and door chimes with too much sound . got that worked out but the mid's and higs will get some love here soon.

maybe go fast goodies next , towing a boat up to havasu this weekend and ill know soon after if i need gears and a little more gitty up

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
thanks on the compliments still want to get a good photchop of the front end done in the same colors ( bumpers painted grey and the grill black) no chrome would really work but the chrome on the wheels and the front end kind of work together . right now im dont putting any money into it . just plan on putting some elbow grease into the detail it needs.

the jl sub sounds great the highs need a little more . im using stock speakers with a jl 300/4 amp and you can tell they are stock bose crap . when i get some extra money ill do some decent components.

wheels are i.c.c.e. got them for to cheap to imagine so i jumped on them . glad i did because i went with the color setup after getting them .

its at the dealer now waiting for a new pcm . fried the old one and they just started throwing parts at it so i have a new abs module and now a pcm . hopefully get it back tomorrow then its to the havasu on friday.

PhilsLB7

Way Better Than Facebook
Jun 29, 2009
Tennessee
the jl sub sounds great the highs need a little more . im using stock speakers with a jl 300/4 amp and you can tell they are stock bose crap . when i get some extra money ill do some decent components.

Yeah, the stock speakers are crap. I have JL components front and rear. Kept the stock tweet in the front for a while (short on time when I was changing them out). Finally changed them out and the highs sound much better now.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Yeah, the stock speakers are crap. I have JL components front and rear. Kept the stock tweet in the front for a while (short on time when I was changing them out). Finally changed them out and the highs sound much better now.

The stock ac delco speakers they put in the 01-02 trucks are garbage.

The 03+ Bose speakers are better though. Not that the 03+ bose speakers are anything to write home about, but they ARE much better than the 01-02 speakers. The fact that the Bose-equipped trucks have the tweeters in the a-pillars (vs. the doors in the non-bose trucks) seem to help a bit too.

Last edited:

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
just got done installing the carlie air bags . this kit wasnt setup for 11.5 axle i dont think but a cut off wheel and persuasion they fit just fine. cant wait to actually tow something.