my 02 sierra 2500 gasser

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
so it's been awhile since i posted anything here, i ended up with an 02 sierra 2500hd 2x4 ccsb 6.0L gas burner, does all i need it to do for the most part.
but just didnt have that extra something i really preferred...a turbo!
so i decided to make my own turbo set up with whatever crap i had laying around...

flipped manifold

cut and tacked inplace for a turbo

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
How well do the 6.0s hold up from factory?

Any motor work?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
How well do the 6.0s hold up from factory?

Any motor work?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

these hold up very well, this one has 285k miles, all stock other than injectors and fuel pump at this point, daily driven at 10 psi boost, have run as much as 17 psi with no issues.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No kidding. Just with junkyard parts. Pretty cool.

So you fed the drivers side into the passenger side manifold from the side? Interesting.

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
so, a few things about my junk yard set up, i tried to use the stock internal wastegate from the holset...it didnt work! lol...part throttle and was seeing over 20 psi boost...not good!! so i went external.

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
this thing is almost as quiet as a stock truck..no cats so a tad deeper sounding but still super quiet as i went back through the stock muffler...

single 3" turbo back to a home grown Y pipe into the muffler, using all of the stock exhaust system i could harvest.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Definitely got the "junk yard dog" cool factor. Any idea on how much power over factory your making?

How hard is it tune a setup like this? No maf sensor I see? I would think that would be very helpful in tuning? Maybe not idk. Never tuned a gasser except for some atvs and a couple RZRs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

turbo-max

WaaaZaaaa
Aug 9, 2006
Tampa, FloriDUH
Definitely got the "junk yard dog" cool factor. Any idea on how much power over factory your making?

How hard is it tune a setup like this? No maf sensor I see? I would think that would be very helpful in tuning? Maybe not idk. Never tuned a gasser except for some atvs and a couple RZRs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

the maf actually is on the pics, but it has since been deleted and just tune with speed density, the maf was just not responding fast enough, and i was also maxing it out around 10 psi..so out with it!!

i am tuning using HP tuners,
60# injectors
walbro 430 LPH pump
holset hx35 turbo with a 14cm hot side
tial wastegate
tial blow off valve
glowshift gauges including a wideband

my current injectors suck at low p/w and i get horrible gas milage, but get many smiles per gallon..so its worth it to me.

estimated power through the tuning software is around 375whp at 10 psi and 585 whp at 17psi....i will get the real (i'm sure lower numbers when i get on the rollers) but it pulls like a freight train from about 2100 rpm(full boost) out to 5500