Monitor options?

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
What is best monitor to buy? I know the edge cs2 is a good bit cheaper than the cts3. What is everyone's recommendation on them?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
depends on what you want. the banks isnt all that bad, nice and compact with a ton of features but the larger screen of the cts is nice too.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have a CTS2 monitor in my truck. I like it because it is large and easy to read with a lot of good options on PIDs to display.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The Edge CS3/CTS3 line still seems pretty buggy in my experience. The CS2/CTS2 devices IMO were light years more dependable.

I use the Banks iDash 1.8 units over just about anything else if it’s an application where datalogging is a requirement as they seem to do a much better job at logging than any other of the monitors.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Is it just archaic now to have the triple pillar mount gauges with the needles ? Believe me that little banks idash monitor thing seems pretty cool for being compact and displaying so much. And the edge for its large display that’s super easy to read

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is it just archaic now to have the triple pillar mount gauges with the needles ? Believe me that little banks idash monitor thing seems pretty cool for being compact and displaying so much. And the edge for its large display that’s super easy to read
I have a 4 gauge pod above my rearview mirror that holds boost, egt, oil temp, and lift pump pressure. I use the Edge to watch coolant temp, oil pressure, desired and actual rail pressure, and a bunch of other stuff I don't really care too much about but display because I have the ability to show it. The other reason I like having the Edge over just gauges is the ability to check and clear DTCs while I'm driving. You can't do that at all with just gauges, and Banks doesn't allow you to clear DTCs unless you come to a complete stop.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
I’d say the biggest thing I dislike about them is that they stayed plugged in to the DLC (obd2) port. I’ve seen so many strange issues come in at the dealer where it’s caused by the mileage trackers, foldout steps, etc. Of course more so on vehicles with a HS GMLAN electrical architecture

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I run a triple pod with lift pump pressure, oil temp and boost. Also have an Edge CTS for everything else. When the edge gives out ill put a Banks idash in my pillar where the boost gauge is.