MAF readings

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
If my post came across as that I was trying to instruct anything that wasn’t my intention. As far as I know my truck is the anomaly. This is a very well known tuner who has done a lot of these kits.

Right now at idle my truck reads around 3700Hz. And with any tune that uses the MAF it will max out at around 10000Hz. It takes a long time for the truck to get up to that too. I’m just trying to get an idea or a direction to try next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of us who tune trucks are telling you the same as what you already know. The Maf mapping is wrong. The sensor heats up and air cools it. The rate at which it cools give a analog piece if information that converts to a maf reading. Your intake is different enough from what it should be to read correctly. It will take about 15 seconds to fix it once the file is open and it did come off as trying to reel us what is wrong but denying the fact that the tune is not correct for MAF mapping. So you either believe your tuner or you can believe what you already know. As Josh pointed out with making the maf 600 it followed what you asked it to do. If there was another issue it would not have followed that information as it should have.

astoor

Jul 25, 2014
So for a WCFAB S400 over stock kit would you scale it from 4000Hz up? At 50 psi I’m seeing 10000ish Hz?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I will give you a couple bits of information and you will have to figure out the rest. At the idle Hz input 35 and at your max Hz input 500 and make your adjustments accordingly in between to get it to run and fuel correctly. The goal would be to see 37-40 at idle and mid 500’s at wot.

astoor

Jul 25, 2014
I will give you a couple bits of information and you will have to figure out the rest. At the idle Hz input 35 and at your max Hz input 500 and make your adjustments accordingly in between to get it to run and fuel correctly. The goal would be to see 37-40 at idle and mid 500’s at wot.

Thanks for the info I really do appreciate it.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
7deb69b2cc0def8e44090d444ca92200.jpg

Graph will be something similar to this. There are many ways to tune. Some are better than others.

Reactions: astoor