MA inspection stations

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I'm in need of an inspection sticker in the Worcester county. I've been over 20 local stations within 20 miles and they won't pass me because of my lift. Some stations I know that used to pass people with lifts are now suspended or on parole. Any of you know a place that will pass me? State police and local police does not care about my lift, all I get from them is compliments. Any help would be appreciated.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What do they measure to determine lift? can you just install some really small tires to make it pass?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
You might be able to get around the law by registering it commercial. The only problem is that MA commercial tags are only good for a year and they require a more expensive and extensive inspection. That being said, lift is not one of the things that is inspected.

bfmine

Sep 11, 2011
Cape cod,ma
It was my understanding that the ma lift law is some silly mathematical equation. Track width X wheelbase / 6 or some silly nonsense like that

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
You might be able to get around the law by registering it commercial. The only problem is that MA commercial tags are only good for a year and they require a more expensive and extensive inspection. That being said, lift is not one of the things that is inspected.

Yea I can get away with the lift by registering it as commercial, that's what most of the inspection stations told me. Problem is that I just paid my registration renewal which is $60 bucks per 2 years. If I register it commercial, it'll be roughly $100 per year not 2 years like a normal registration . I'm not exactly sure how to register it as commercial, not sure if I have to list it under a business name. Another thing the inspection station goes by is the gvwr of the vehicle, a F350 can have a 6" lift but not the GM 3500 series, pretty much retarded. It's time the law to be changed, there's plenty of new JK jeeps with a lift and they have a fresh sticker.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Bump! Still looking for a place to pass me. Got pulled over this morning because I'm 5 months over. Statie didn't care it was lifted, just wants me go have a fresh sticker on.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
How about a deleted LML? Anyone need some extra spending monies? :D

I have 2 friends passing every year with deleted LMLs running H&S mini maxxes. My issue is trying to get my buddy's deleted LMM to pass. We had to reinstall the dpf and it is still being a b*tch.

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
I have 2 friends passing every year with deleted LMLs running H&S mini maxxes. My issue is trying to get my buddy's deleted LMM to pass. We had to reinstall the dpf and it is still being a b*tch.

Why is it an issue to pass the LMM than the LML?

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Where in Worcester county are you? Have you tried Berlin?

I'm in Fitchburg. I haven't tried Berlin yet, but I may have found someone in Concord. If that doesn't work out then it'll be Taunton next. I don't want to waste my time driving around different towns trying to find someone to pass.

I spoke with a buddy of mine, MA is cracking down on inspection stations this year and giving big fines for violations for passing vehicles that should have not been passed. I'm not sure what's the big deal is for lifted trucks. All I know is, it's time for MA to change the lift law that is over 30 years old.