LYY intake horn on LMM turbo?

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I am looking around for a lower profile turbo intake elbow for my LMM, I see quite a few for the LYY that look like they would work (same size V band?)

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I see them for the LLY but not the LMM on their site, (they do not list any intake elbows for GM above 2005) I see tons of them cheap for the LLY, not so for the LMM

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I see them for the LLY but not the LMM on their site, (they do not list any intake elbows for GM above 2005) I see tons of them cheap for the LLY, not so for the LMM

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
OK, I see they use the same V band clamp or at least I see them listed for 04-1/2 to 10 LLY, LBZ and LMM so I am thinking they will work.
BTW there is no EGR on this engine

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I would avoid using a factory lly horn at all costs. the s&b horn is pretty low-profile, and there are a few custom ones out there that are a bit thinner even. The factory LLY horn flows like complete garbage.

Reactions: Mogman

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The LLY mouthpiece will attach to an LMM turbo, but as has already been mentioned, the factory LLY piece is garbage. If you're looking for one that is shorter in length where the intake hose attaches, the S&B is a very nice piece that will work well for you.

hhh217

Oct 17, 2010
The LLY S&B elbow should work for you but I think the inlet diameter is 1/2” smaller where you clamp the intake piping too than the lmm intakes. I have one for sale if you are interested.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I have an S&B LLY coming, the smaller piping will not be a problem as it will all need to be fabricated anyway.
Thanks to all that responded!!!