Low RPM Power & Black Smoke, no codes

rockien

Nov 23, 2022
South Dakota
I'd see if you can return those injectors. I wouldn't give up without a fight with them. Absolute bs. My brand new bodies with new 45 overs are all under +-1 and mm3 around 12-13
I thought the idle mm3 was supposed to be 8 or 9, not 12-13. I might have to check my brother's LBZ and see what his is at with our elevation. Reading about fake Bosch injectors, looks like they are Chinese crap. Waste of money & time!

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I thought the idle mm3 was supposed to be 8 or 9, not 12-13. I might have to check my brother's LBZ and see what his is at with our elevation. Reading about fake Bosch injectors, looks like they are Chinese crap. Waste of money & time!
It depends if it's in park or in gear.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Those number are idling in neutral. I have the truck here and am going to take a couple of other datalogs. Anything in particular to scan that might help identify a leaky injector. Or should we start looking for a complete set of injectors? what brand or where to get good ones.
Injectors Direct, Pensacola Diesel, Diesel Logic, and LDS are all companies to avoid. Ever since LDS got cut off from S&S their quality seems to have gone downhill, the other three have always been absolute garbage.

Stick to companies like Dynomite Diesel Products (DDP), Exergy, or S&S. Exergy just had a sale (ended 11/28/2022, was 10% off) and DDP has a 10% off sale ending today (11/30/2022). I'm an approved vendor here should you need anything.

I'd see if you can return those injectors. I wouldn't give up without a fight with them. Absolute bs. My brand new bodies with new 45 overs are all under +-1 and mm3 around 12-13

^This, I've seen guys actually get a return approved by non-stop complaining to Injectors Direct. It's 100% worth a shot!

rockien

Nov 23, 2022
South Dakota
Injectors Direct, Pensacola Diesel, Diesel Logic, and LDS are all companies to avoid. Ever since LDS got cut off from S&S their quality seems to have gone downhill, the other three have always been absolute garbage.

Stick to companies like Dynomite Diesel Products (DDP), Exergy, or S&S. Exergy just had a sale (ended 11/28/2022, was 10% off) and DDP has a 10% off sale ending today (11/30/2022). I'm an approved vendor here should you need anything.

^This, I've seen guys actually get a return approved by non-stop complaining to Injectors Direct. It's 100% worth a shot!
Thanks, I'll let my nephew know to try bugging them.

Reactions: Bdsankey

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
It's worth a shot. If I had no money left to deal with a headache like this I'd be hitting every option possible. The fact that it needed injectors after the HGs were done I'd be up that shop's ass aswell.

I just looked on ID site. You can get 8 "refurbished" injectors for $1500 lol.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It's worth a shot. If I had no money left to deal with a headache like this I'd be hitting every option possible. The fact that it needed injectors after the HGs were done I'd be up that shop's ass aswell.

I just looked on ID site. You can get 8 "refurbished" injectors for $1500 lol.
for sure. even if it meant small claims court to make it right. head gaskets and injectors and it still doesn't run right can't be cheap

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Yes, they were returned as cores. Still waiting for a new MAF sensor, then we'll run some cleaner through it and try to find out any sticking injectors
I wouldn't even waste another 5 cents on those Injectors, they are junk. I'd return the maf and skip the cleaner. Injectors are what it needs.

rockien

Nov 23, 2022
South Dakota
there where the readings for each maf at idle?
unfortunately the scans I emailed to my computer only have it displayed in lbs/min. instead of g/s. At idle they were not the far off, but I noticed a bigger separation at a similar/particular rpm and boost level. It was at 5.14 lbs/min with the original MAF (Approx 39g/s). The MAF from the other truck are at 4.47 lbs/min at idle (Approx 34 g/s). But the more accurate way to measure is with a scope, which I didn't setup.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
unfortunately the scans I emailed to my computer only have it displayed in lbs/min. instead of g/s. At idle they were not the far off, but I noticed a bigger separation at a similar/particular rpm and boost level. It was at 5.14 lbs/min with the original MAF (Approx 39g/s). The MAF from the other truck are at 4.47 lbs/min at idle (Approx 34 g/s). But the more accurate way to measure is with a scope, which I didn't setup.
Those readings are fine and don't indicate an issue with the MAF.

Reactions: 2004LB7