Lost Another Air Dog

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Had another airdog 150 motor shit the bed. I put 6 months and 12000 miles on it and the previous owner said they had less than a year on it. This one went open inside somewhere-didn’t blow the fuse.

Have others been getting shit life out of them also?

Animals1234

Jun 8, 2017
I have 36,000 miles on mine and it’s been about two years since I bought mine. No complaints, did you call them about it?

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I have 70k miles and a year and a half about on mine and still perfect.

I would say you're trouble is very abnormal, I dunno.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I have 36,000 miles on mine and it’s been about two years since I bought mine. No complaints, did you call them about it?

I emailed for a price on a new motor.

The original pump was never registered with them for warranty. FN dumb. Where I come from proof of purchase is usually good enough. So the current motor was slightly used off an AD165 I was told as it was much cheaper than buying a replacement from AD.

Going back a half a dozen years this was a common problem for AD pumps. Guys would burn up two or three before they got a good one.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
$220 plus tax for just the motor plus shipping. Half way to a fuelab. Not sure what to do.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Pulled the pump out today and yep, motor definetly are the green wiener. Smelled awful. One of the bearings came out with the motor stuck on the shaft so guess I may as well change those and the shaft seal. If AD will sell it to me that is in pieces. Pump looks good still.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I honestly think I have a spare pump if you could wait until I get home. Pm me your number, I can shoot you some pictures of the it and you can tell me if it's the same as yours.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I honestly think I have a spare pump if you could wait until I get home. Pm me your number, I can shoot you some pictures of the it and you can tell me if it's the same as yours.

Thanks. I think I’m just going to bite the bullet though and start with a new motor and shaft seal and bearings. Give it one last go with new stuff with warranty.

After this pump goes I’m going back to pumps with brushless motors. Third time this thing’s been off in a year for motor related issues.