Looking to build a motor

lucas6.6

Aug 20, 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
I'm looking to build a 350 for my '68 C20. I don't need anything too wild, just a solid fun weekend runner. I'm looking for advice on a cam/intake/head configuration that won't break the bank. The truck has a saginaw 4 speed right now that I'd like to keep in the truck.

MarylandDmax

Jan 30, 2016
I'm looking to rebuild a 350 that i have laying around, and i have been interested in the top end kits from edelbrock. they are reasonable, and give you heads, intake, cam, lifters, push rods. pretty much everything for the top end except a carb and distributer. now the kits are going to give you crazy power, but for a nothing special build i feel they are a good deal.

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
For the money, id go with a 383, comp ratio is also a thing to figure into all of that. Probably gotten more expensive since i did mine but i paid 785$ for crank/rods/pistons, cam/crank bearings, freeze plugs and high volume oil pump, about 8 years agoe

What are you doing with the truck? Gearing? Tire size?

Daily driver?

lucas6.6

Aug 20, 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
From what I've found it almost seems like it would be cheaper to piece together a build than buy one of those edelbrock kits. And the truck has 265s on it now but I'd like to go smaller, plan on lowering it eventually, so I'd like to find a tire size that will give it that classic truck look. I'm not sure of the gearing, I haven't torn into the rear end yet, and it's not a daily driver, just something fun to drive on the weekends.