Looking for Head Unit

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I have a 2009 Chevy 2500
I want a double din head unit. I would like to keep it around 250 at most. I dont need something to fancy but I want something good. I want one that is flush with the dash. I dont need the backup camera or anything. Just looking for a good one. Also I want it to work with buttons on steering wheel if possible at all. New to the stereo stuff so just looking around. What do yall recommend?

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
If you only have $250 to spend I wouldn’t bother replacing it. You’re not going to get anything “good” for that price. Just the installation parts and modules for the steering wheel controls and stuff is going to be around $100. I’ve replaced cheap stereos, they don’t last long or work well. I installed a “cheap” Boss HU in a truck not too long ago, I normally wouldn’t, but the truck was on its last legs, and that deck wasn’t good, at all. It didn’t even have a remote mic for phone use, it was in the unit itself and it did not work well. I would recommend you save up a bit more, and increase your budget to at least $400.

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
I went ahead and bought one. I bought from crutchfield. It was a 300 dollar one with amazing reviews on other sights. I am looking forward to putting it in! I went ahead and bought all the harness stuff because they cut a deal on it when I bought the head unit with it aswell.

Reactions: Dozerboy