Looking for diesel shop in MI

atc

Oct 31, 2016
Hello

Looking for a recommended diesel shop in SW MI to work my 04 chevy. Got 224,000 and got the smoking issue at idle. Orginal injectors, I assume i need a injector or two. Just looking for a reliable shop to do the repairs. I live near Jackson MI. Any thoughts or preferences of a shop would be helpful. thanks

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Jackson Michigan or Jackson Mississippi?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Hello

Looking for a recommended diesel shop in SW MI to work my 04 chevy. Got 224,000 and got the smoking issue at idle. Orginal injectors, I assume i need a injector or two. Just looking for a reliable shop to do the repairs. I live near Jackson MI. Any thoughts or preferences of a shop would be helpful. thanks

https://www.merchant-automotive.com/

Eric Merchant used to be highly thought of on the forums. I have done some business with them. I believe they know the duramax platform better than your average shop, but the are very pricey.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Hello

HSP but I would suggest replacing all 8 injectors if you think they are original with 224k. No reputable shop would do that job and only swap 2.

Proneshooter

Grumpy old man
Aug 21, 2016
Michigan
Tony up at DHD can do most any repair, bit of a drive from Jackson. Merchant would be closer than both DHD and HSP. I've never had Eric work on my vehicles but some friends have and were very pleased with the work done.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I had no idea, Joe. No malice intended.

Nice to know that people have another option.

RVN4ME

May 28, 2008
Mid MI
Im not sure if DHD does repair work.
You should make a road trip sometime. Tony's shop puts Eric's to shame. His clean room for engine builds and his clean room for trans builds are pritty impressive. His shop is 50 times the size but he's working on everything from lawn & garden, ATV, watercraft, boats etc..

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Matt and Garrett @ Michiana Diesel Power, located on the north side of Elkhart, IN by the Michigan indiana state line.