Looking for a low power tune 08 LMM

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
...and you cant use the stock tune in the LMM ECM because?
I don't think I said I could NOT use the stock tune. I need to put something in there because the donor has DSP-5 and I have no clue what is in there, thought I would start low and see how the cooling system/intercooler ETC, was working.
I am totally mystified as to why I have to explain everything to everyone, AGAIN I NEVER SAID I COULD NOT USE A STOCK TUNE I SAID I WAS LOOKING FOR A LOW POWER TUNE, GOT IT??
Maybe a van or I think A Kodiak was mentioned

Last edited:

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
You ask for help that most people work hard for (Tuning) and sale to people(Money).. Then someone gives you a cheap idea and you chew his A#%.... NICE!!!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Tell you what....it was a legitimate question. Had no idea the ECM was DSP-5 initially. You could always look in the library for a stock o/s tune and upload that.

You're starting to get very uppity around here, demanding we help you with just about EVERYTHING on your swap, all the while getting upset with US when you dont get the immediate answers you want or having to give more background info, all the while giving NOTHING back to the forum.
Knock off the attitude, or find another forum to answer your questions......

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
You ask for help that most people work hard for (Tuning) and sale to people(Money).. Then someone gives you a cheap idea and you chew his A#%.... NICE!!!

Same thoughts here. Same sh!t on His other posts too. Look dude. No one here is obligated to help you in any way. We do this as a hobby and as a community. Don’t come in here seeking help and when you’re not getting the FREE answers you’re looking for make some smart ass comments attacking good people like Tom who has helped hundreds of people out of the goodness of his heart. Lose this shitty attitude or go find somewhere else to be an ass because no one is gonna give you an answer with replies like that.

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
Wow you mean with a little research you found that Tom. Huh? Sorry but if someone treats me like he did to you Tom I wouldn’t of help at all.. You’re a better person then me.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
I am totally mystified as to why I have to explain everything to everyone, AGAIN I NEVER SAID I COULD NOT USE A STOCK TUNE I SAID I WAS LOOKING FOR A LOW POWER TUNE, GOT IT??
These LMM stock files are in the dropbox account referenced in the sticky thread at the top of this section:

You're a better man than I Tom, I'll leave it at that.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I am sorry if I offended anyone, I just do not understand why I am being ask my motivation on EVERYTHING, the fact is I asked for a low power tune plain and simple, I did not ask if I should use a low power tune or say I don't think a factory tune would work, so there it is the donor came with DSP-5 and I do not want to chance an unknown tune, also I am replacing a 160HP engine with a Dmax, there are some operating parameters that are yet unknown with the cooling system drive train etc. so I thought it would be prudent to get the lowest tune available, again I am sorry I did not specify "stock" tune, most folks are willing to share stock tunes and there are even a few folks so proud of there custom tunes that they want to share them, I have no power to force anyone to share their "expensive" custom tune or any tune for that matter. (I would be surprised if there were any "custom" low power tunes out there) If I wanted to use a stock 365HP tune there looks to be one in the library and I would not even be here, now just look at all the angst created because someone thought I was a total dummy and needed to rescue me from myself, which by the way offended me...
I think to stock Alpha tune was only 300HP. I am also told the Kodiak tune is low power, I would assume the P series also would be "detuned" if they were equipped with a Dmax

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Hey dummy, we aren't here to serve you. If you're so smart, figure it out on your own like a lot of people before you did. If you don't like it, you know where the door is. If you can't find it, I'll be happy to show you. Lose the additude!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
You have to remember, this is not a fast food restaurant where you can demand something and expect someone to jump to your demand. We are all friends and family here. Sometimes a request will come across as weird or wrong, etc. It's not unusual for someone to ask for something but not necessarily know what they are doing or use the wrong words when asking so having follow up questions before sending you in the right direction is common place. Just reading a few threads here will show you the atmosphere and how we think as a whole.

There are multiple ways to make a low power tune. Multiple limiters, throttle tables or PW are just a few of the top of my head. Without knowing exactly what you are trying to do it makes it hard for us to point you in the right direction. Hence the questions.

Your constant firing back like we are attacking you, or your general attitude towards us will get you kicked out of here in a short order. Being kind to others and bringing some useful like photos of your build will get you much further then you have currently

Reactions: dndj

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I am sorry if I offended anyone, I just do not understand why I am being ask my motivation on EVERYTHING, the fact is I asked for a low power tune plain and simple, I did not ask if I should use a low power tune or say I don't think a factory tune would work, so there it is the donor came with DSP-5 and I do not want to chance an unknown tune, also I am replacing a 160HP engine with a Dmax, there are some operating parameters that are yet unknown with the cooling system drive train etc. so I thought it would be prudent to get the lowest tune available, again I am sorry I did not specify "stock" tune, most folks are willing to share stock tunes and there are even a few folks so proud of there custom tunes that they want to share them, I have no power to force anyone to share their "expensive" custom tune or any tune for that matter. (I would be surprised if there were any "custom" low power tunes out there) If I wanted to use a stock 365HP tune there looks to be one in the library and I would not even be here, now just look at all the angst created because someone thought I was a total dummy and needed to rescue me from myself, which by the way offended me...
I think to stock Alpha tune was only 300HP. I am also told the Kodiak tune is low power, I would assume the P series also would be "detuned" if they were equipped with a Dmax

knock the whiny crybaby bullshit off. You did this to your self. you have nothing in you sig, you post multiple new posts elsewhere "expecting" everyone to just know what you are doing currently, you are relying HEAVILY on us to help with your issues and you take offense now because you decided to add tone or attitude to tom's post. All we have is text and you put it everywhere but together. How in the heck can someone read a book that goes from chapter 1 to 10, then back to 3, then up to chapter 23 and everywhere else in between. Text and pics is all we got. We are thorough and dont just give the answers you want to hear, we answer things the correct way.

take the stock LMM tune and detune it yourself. If you continue being pissy as ive seen in this thread and another thread from yesterday, you will be taking a vaca from the site.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Yep, 21 to 30 crowd is the end of everything cool. They pile in spat off at the mouth then take everything too far and federal regulations follow. Funny how it never happened with other generations...

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Anyone want to bet he is a 20 something? I guess it's just the world today.
Yep, 21 to 30 crowd is the end of everything cool. They pile in spat off at the mouth then take everything too far and federal regulations follow. Funny how it never happened with other generations...
Hey now what about meeeeeee 😂

That's me too man. I'm starting to feel odd here at 26 haha.

As for the OP's question, others have already stated to lose the attitude. If you're looking for a low power calibration then you're best suited to go after a stock file for your ECM. If that's too much power you can try and derate that file yourself. You'll need a V2 (GM tuning license number) to modify files.

Last edited: