Info: Looking for a dyno in your area?

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
Thanks for that link, Kat.

I'll show my ignorance here. What is the difference between a Model 224x and a model Model 248, and which is more accurate for our trucks?

Bud

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Staff member
Aug 1, 2006
Norco, CA

I'll show my ignorance here. What is the difference between a Model 224x and a model Model 248, and which is more accurate for our trucks?

Bud
I have no clue :eek: I do know that we try to dyno our vehicles stock then after each modification. But, use the same dyno all the time. So the numbers are consistent.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
www.danvilleperformance.com

Bud

No ignorance there Bud, it is a very good question indeed. Model 248 is a large roller enertia dyno, ie the only thing to hold the truck back to make boost is the weight of the roller. Model 224xLC (Which I have) is a smaller roller with an electric Eddy Current braking system that is a programmable load control so you can simulate load. This is the superior model of the two for dynoing anything that is turbo or supercharged. It is also a great dyno for driveability diagnosis as you can set it to a certian speed or rpm and when you get to that set point the dyno will not allow you to go past it. I love the 224xLC and I am the only one in Indiana with one.

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
http://www.dynojet.com/dynocenters/dynojet-automotive-dyno-centers.aspx
http://www.superflow.com/locator/index.php

Here's a tip about this forum that seems to be overlooked by new members:

If you see a link to something that is outdated (that dynojet one was 7 years old!) or deadended, then do the work to correct it instead of expecting others to do it for you.

Yea my bad I am new and I could have been more descriptive was trying to see if anyone recommended a shop that does trucks like ours and thank you for the new links

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)