LMM Traction Control?

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I have a LMM that is cutting the power when the tires spin this is a early lmm with no traction control on/off button what can be done to fix this? It has EFI and it is not a fuel problem the best i can tell.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I don't seem to have problems like this on LBZ's just early LMM's that don't have the T/C button

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You sure it isn't hitting a rev limiter and defueling? That's usually what I see when someone says something about traction control. Do you have a log you can post?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I think some reg cab long beds had it and it can be altered with EFI.

No stabilitrak/traction control on 07-08 LMM's.

In 2009-2010 only SHORT BED LMM's had it standard (in 09-10 it was not available on long beds). In 2011, all single rear wheel HD trucks got it as standard equipment, regardless of bed length and cab config.

So basically, if you have an 07-2010 LMM regular cab, extended cab long bed, crew cab long bed, or dually, you do NOT have any form of traction control/stabilitrak.

If you have a 2007-2008 LMM extended cab short bed or crew cab short bed you do NOT have any form of traction control/stabilitrak.

If you have a 2009-2010 LMM crew cab short bed or extended cab short bed, you have stabilitrak/traction control as standard equipment.

I think you're hitting some ECM fueling limiter, because as I said, theres no stabilitrak/traction control on pre-09 LMM's

Reactions: 99neonfreak

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Yes after messing with it some more i have found out it will not fuel past 31-3200~rpms

What tables would that be?

SOB :)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There are several you need to check. I'm not at my computer right now, or I'd give you the numbers. For starters, check the pedal position, torque based fuel, torque limiting, and another table in the fuel pressure tab. I can't remember the name.