LMM speaker upgrade; what to get??

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
I'm ignorant as can be with speakers etc. I have an aftermarket pioneer nex 8000 head unit. My rear speakers are shot, so i want to just replace all 4 doors. What can I get thats not crazy expensive, and easy to install? I'm sure about anything sounds better than the factory speakers. I'm not a huge bass guy, just want decent sounding speakers.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I’ve been at a car audio for a long time now but pioneer has always had decent speakers for the price. Just get the factory replacement sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Not sure what truck you have, but you should replace the tweeters as well. Get a set of component speakers with separate tweeters if they are in your a-pillars. I suggest going to Crutchfield and ordering from them. They are awesome. If you order from them it will be plug and play, they provide all speaker harness adapters, mounting adapters, and everything else you need including a PDF of how to take your interior apart. If you are going for higher quality sound I suggest getting the foam cutouts that Fill the gap between your door panel and new aftermarket speaker.

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I just pulled my high end Hertz stuff out of my truck to use in my 72 and I replaced with some Rockford fosgate doors and tweets. And I was actually impressed.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Not sure what truck you have, but you should replace the tweeters as well. Get a set of component speakers with separate tweeters if they are in your a-pillars. I suggest going to Crutchfield and ordering from them. They are awesome. If you order from them it will be plug and play, they provide all speaker harness adapters, mounting adapters, and everything else you need including a PDF of how to take your interior apart. If you are going for higher quality sound I suggest getting the foam cutouts that Fill the gap between your door panel and new aftermarket speaker.

i can fully agree on that. made a huge difference in my tracker with just decent Polk Audio 3 way 6.5's. Sound is cleaner and mids/lows actually do something through those speakers.

D_Ferrante801

I hate everyone.
Apr 2, 2019
I'm ignorant as can be with speakers etc. I have an aftermarket pioneer nex 8000 head unit. My rear speakers are shot, so i want to just replace all 4 doors. What can I get thats not crazy expensive, and easy to install? I'm sure about anything sounds better than the factory speakers. I'm not a huge bass guy, just want decent sounding speakers.

I went through a multitude of speakers on my trucks years back and found the best speakers ( in my opinion ) were Pheonix Golds. I tried Rocksford, JL, Polk and a few others on my frenzy of not being happy. Mind you this is all ran VIA separate amp and not through head unit for the speakers, tweeters, subs etc.