LMM Logs

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
the two things that stand out right now on that last log is your MAF reading is running really high for idle, like double the normal reading. 2nd is the MAP is two PSI lower than BARO even with the engine not running
I think the MAF has always been high in this installation, will look into the MAP but even with a non compatible MAP installed it did not act like this.
I will try running another log.

No additional PIDs???

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Here is a 12-15 min run this morning in the shop, it seemed to run OK the entire time, the balance on cyl. #4 seems to be out of line with the rest, what I do not know is if it is compensating for the cylinder before it in the firing order or that actual cylinder needed compensation.

I am going to see if the local GM shop has a MAP sensor, this sensor has a broken plug and several attempts to swap it with a Fleabay unit has failed.

EDIT: OUCH!! almost $200 for a MAP sensor, geez

Attachments

• E35_0007.zip
    212.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
your 0003 log main injection rate looks normal on that one. MAF still looks off. have you replaced the fuel pressure regulator yet?

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Here is another run, 15 minuets or so, seemed to run OK all during this log, the log was started after the engine was started and ended before shutdown , it shows 32 CAMMISS events. I hate to wish it would throw a fit but when it is running well the logs are probably of little use.

Attachments

• E35_0008.zip
    233.1 KB · Views: 3

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Another 20 minuets of blissful harmony, no fits
I am going to wait for the MAP sensor I ordered to get here before actually trying to get out of the gate for a road test.
I will continue to do logs in the shop but will not post anymore unless she has a tantrum

Attachments

• E35_0009.zip
    305.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Don't forget about the MAF sensor. that 70 grams/sec is really high for idle. something's not right with that

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Don't forget about the MAF sensor. that 70 grams/sec is really high for idle. something's not right with that
I think I mentioned that like 2 or 3 months ago, and he didn't seem to care then either.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
you're not running a different intake are you?

10-4 completely different, this is a stand alone conversion project in a Humvee, but I have over 3000mi on it and that did not seem to affect it too much, I MIGHT be able to do a re-calibration one day but that looks unlikely at this time (as I am getting to old for this sh*&), I asked on a couple occasions what the original dia. was where the MAF is mounted, I used an aftermarket tube with a 4" dia, and I am using a earlier turbo intake elbow because of clearance issues.

What ever is causing it to have conniption fits is not the intake, it is definitely something intermittent as at this time it is running fine.

I just pray that I get whatever it is on a log run as this ECM does not give me any codes to chase down, for the last three logs it was running fine.

I will get the idling MAF data from my 1 ton tomorrow, I thought they were within reason of each other but it has always been higher than the stock LMM

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
OK so when I started her up this morning she had a fit, then smoothed out and the smoke went away, I did get it logged...
I am thinking a defective injector but which one???
EDIT, I am having no luck figuring out how to display a graph of anything...

Attachments

• E35_0010.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Well did anyone guess contaminated fuel? I checked the output of the AirDog and it was almost nil, drained all the fuel (good thing the military puts drain plugs on EVERYTHING) installed new filters and she seems OK now, will make a test run after lunch......

EDIT, ran her on a 10 mile short run and all seems fine again! Geez.

I had pumped some fuel in just a couple miles (but a couple of hours) before this all started, because of the time between I did not consider it as a suspect, part of the CRS disease I suppose....

I guess I should get some critter getter for my fuel tank, that stuff looked pretty milky coming out

Last edited: