LMM Logs

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I ran a short log but now cannot figure out how to retrieve it to my desktop, EFILive
EDIT, fumbled along until I got it, the engine ran OK for about 1 second then went to crap during this log.
I probably do not have anything useful as I asked on my other thread what to put into the log but did not get a response as the thread is fairly old.
Not sure why the date is off.

Attachments

• E35_0004.zip
    176 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I started it a couple times with very short duration, I am getting piston slap (detonation) from it now so I am really not comfortable running it I did switch ECMs with one that ran but had a bad AIT temp input and got some codes all with a P Prefix
268C,D,E,F

Attachments

• E35_0005.zip
    582 bytes · Views: 2

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I'm getting the "this is not a valid log file" error. can't see any of the logs
I wonder what I did wrong? In EFILive explorer I see the file, right click and copy, then save it to a location on my PC, then I use 7-zip to convert it to a .zip

Last edited:

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Try this,
I can click on ether of them, I open it in Windows explorer and see the file I open the file and it runs EFILive explorer and says "ready"

Attachments

• E35_0005.zip
    584 bytes · Views: 4

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
now when opening the file, I see some information but only one frame so nothing to play
Well crap, that's not good... I have no idea where to go from here, I am afraid of knocking the bottom out of the engine if I try to get any more logs.
I started the logs and could see the frame count start to increase before trying to start the motor. I am thinking that I may try cranking it without the ECM to see if an injector may be leaking by.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
if you think the injectors may be leaking, pull the glow plugs out and disable the injectors. then crank it over and see if any fuel mist comes out the glow plug holes

Reactions: Mogman

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
if you think the injectors may be leaking, pull the glow plugs out and disable the injectors. then crank it over and see if any fuel mist comes out the glow plug holes
I pulled the ECM and she cranks over nice and evenly with no smoke, I am assuming it would still build rail pressure without the ECM in place.
Maybe I am somehow erasing the logs, how does one terminate the log?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
normally you press the red stop button and it should save the file. the yellow will pause the logging

Reactions: Mogman

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I ran another log, from what I have read on the V2 when you press cancel it saves the log, on this run it started out rough with smoke and then evened out and quit smoking, should be around a thousand frames

Attachments

• E35_0006.zip
    23 KB · Views: 2

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I'll see if I can look at it when I get home from work. it is a larger file so thats a good sign
Thanks, there may be PIDs you want to see that I did not include, I included everything that looked like it may apply but then I know virtually nothing so...
Seeing as it seems to be running fairly well at the moment I will wait until you review the logs to see if I need to add any PIDs before running it again and creating another log, the only thing I noticed was a cam sensor missed pulses of 38, have no idea if that is relevant or not.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Here are the Data (F9) screens from log 5 (very short very rough run) and log 6 (last run, started rough and then smoothed out)
Both show missed cam counts and the #5 has very different balancing rates than #6, both runs were at idle.
Not possible that in run #5 the engine went to 3900RPM and the Baro voltage reading were very different, but I may have skewed this by switching back to the installed ECM for run #6

Attachments

• Number 5.JPG
    Number 5.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 7
  • Number 6.JPG
    Number 6.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
are those cam sensor missed pulses from cranking or do they count up during idle?
After you look at the logs and tell me if I need to add any PIDs and because it seems to be running rather good at the moment I can start the logs after starting the engine on the next run, I do not know how to tell the difference if the misses are before or after starting.
Actually not much looks correct from log #5 which was an ECM that would only run in limp mode due to a bad IAT input.
Even the VPWR voltage looks way off, the alt does not kick in at idle, the engine must be raised above idle before the alt. excites so it should just show battery only voltage.

Last edited:

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
On the fuel rail pressure I see a min. of 71PSI, (log-6) it looks like I need to look into possibly turning down the AirDog lift pump, it was powered up of course before the log was started and starting the engine was attempted.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
that pressure is on the high side of the fuel system after the HPFP. it's not unusual to see pressure around there before cranking or a little after shutting off the engine even without a lift pump. generally we are only worried about the lift pump pressure before the CP3 which there is no sensor there monitoring it

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
the two things that stand out right now on that last log is your MAF reading is running really high for idle, like double the normal reading. 2nd is the MAP is two PSI lower than BARO even with the engine not running