Lmm in LBZ

yaba94070

Dec 5, 2018
California
Long story short my LBZ (289k miles l) went through a head gasket right after turkey day. Not trying to build a motor right now. I have a 80k mile Lmm motor out of a van at my disposal. Curious to see if anyone has used one in a LBZ. In hoping I could take the Lmm long block and use it everything with some small differences should go right over. What do you guys think? What should I replace... My idea is if I can do this cheap then I’ll build the LBZ next year... I read the injectors are different and intake bolts up differently probably use everything from the LBZ. Someone told me something with the oil lines... kind of a in the mean time fix probably run on it for a year.

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Strip them both down to the long blocks and swap over the parts that aren't the same. The injectors will interchange just find but I would not mix and match them. I have swapped truck lbz and lmm both ways.

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
Do you have to cut the tab out from the injector harness plug on the lmm injectors for them to work on the lbz harness?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Put it in the truck with the lbz harness and inatke. Lmm van will have a different intake and egr set up.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Put it in the truck with the lbz harness and inatke. Lmm van will have a different intake and egr set up.

Correct! I did this with my LBZ a few years back, grabbed an ambulance motor from a wrecked LMM and threw it in my LBZ, just changed the plumbing and harness and went on. Didn't have to change the tuning for the injectors or anything and worked great!

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Correct me if I'm wrong. Will need to plug heater core line hole by oil cooler if putting a lmm in a lbz.

Chilly

Dec 4, 2018
So heads are the same? Front cover, water pump, oil pump, etc..
I am building a LMM longlock for my LBZ. I will be sending back LMM heads for LBZ cores. Exactly the same correct?

yaba94070

Dec 5, 2018
California
Awesome

Hope everyone had a good Christmas thanks for all the feed. It’s going to make my life a whole lot easier if I decide to through the LMM in instead of building the Lbz right away. Really appreciate all the help