Lmm ecm dtc p003a

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Anyone ever get one of these. I know it's turbocharger vain related. It happened last night driving normal "50 mph at night watching for deer". I was at a truck pull Sat night and everything seemed fine.

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. I think it's probably a vain actuator. Not sure though. Turbo charger appears to be fine. (no leaks at the band clamp in the middle) Tech 2 is coming home tomarrow night. No luck with the controlling the Vains through EFI Live's DVT's. The truck is set to idle like the LB7 and the turbo just sets and hunts like it's repeating the vain POS check. Hiss ...Deep Idle.... Hiss etc.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
It appears after some initial testing tonight that the Vain POS sensor took a crap. To verify, I took it out of the top of the turbo with a 1 inch wrench, unplugged the electrical wire so it could spin easily and backed it out.

After I got it out, I hooked up my EFI Live cable and manually actuated the end of the sensor with my thumb. The max it would read was about +-43% It would never go to 100% no matter how much I monkeyed with it. I then checked a buddies LLY and his would go to 100%.

I did find out however the plugs between the LLY Vain POS Sensor and the LMM's are different. Also I fould out that when you unplug the LMM sensor, your scanner will read "0%" but on the LLY with the sensor unplugged, it will read "100%." So somehow they did an inverse on how they are read by the computer. Just and FYI.

BTW a new vain POS sensor from the dealer/stealer is a shy $500.00 so I am buying one from a friend that is used. :)

Hopefully this fixes the problem. It's easy to get to anyway. :D