Lml unknown ecm tune

Dunroven1

Jul 27, 2021
I have a 2011 lml that I purchased a couple years ago that has been deleted and tuned with a dps5 switch. I have no idea what the ecm tuning is, my question is I want to purchase a tuner to retune the ecm, can I tune over what is in the ecm or will I need to purchase a new ecm and tune to stock and then retune with another tuner?
Looks like the mini max may be my best option for a tuner with the delete already
Thanks Rich

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
There isnt anyone reputable out there doing tuning of that sort anymore, so either stick with what you have, or be prepared to start putting parts back on.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I have a 2011 lml that I purchased a couple years ago that has been deleted and tuned with a dps5 switch. I have no idea what the ecm tuning is, my question is I want to purchase a tuner to retune the ecm, can I tune over what is in the ecm or will I need to purchase a new ecm and tune to stock and then retune with another tuner?
Looks like the mini max may be my best option for a tuner with the delete already
Thanks Rich

You can tune over what’s in the ecm

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Chances are what's in the ECM now is better tuning than an old H&S mini. If it drives fine and doesn't smoke / rattle a bunch just leave it

Reactions: 2004LB7

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
With a dsp5 switch I would assume you got at least 1 hot tune. Hopefully you have some gauges. Your best bet would be to get some kind of digital monitor such as an idash or edge cts 1/2/3. Then you can select some different pid’s such as timing, fuel pressure and pulse width and get a fairly good idea of what the different tunes are.