Lml hex data

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
LML Hex displayed in an "Editor".

Now to figure out what it all means !

I got my work cut out for me.........It will be a learning curve for sure.

:woott:

Attachments

• EDC17CP18 File.JPG
    EDC17CP18 File.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 277
  • EDC17CP18 HEX DUMP-RRDP.jpg
    EDC17CP18 HEX DUMP-RRDP.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 248
  • EDC17CP18 MAP-RRDP.jpg
    EDC17CP18 MAP-RRDP.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 246

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Tony
when you mention code it sadly reminds me of steve.

Is this how the lml is tuned? im interestef in this! How does one educate him self on this?

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Tony

Is this how the lml is tuned? im interestef in this! How does one educate him self on this?

Once you figure out how one educates himself let me know... Been cracking for 6 months and there is no "go to" guide. Just hard work and "oops, that didn't work" lol! Driving the co workers truck home cause yours doesn't crank. Go down the road and think you have it whipped and then code out the sky. Hey, the beginning sucks! The feeling of accomplishment once you get somewhere is priceless.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Tony

Is this how the lml is tuned? im interested in this! How does one educate him self on this?

Simon, nothing is labeled, there is no road map, the software "found" 970+ possible maps, what they do, how they relate to each other, finding the DTC's and even editing them will not be easy.

This is what Ross looks at and wades through and finds for us and then Paul creates the GUI colors, maps that we edit with such ease and makes it convert this mess to something we can understand.

This is not for the faint of heart.

I looked at the code last night and some things look familiar and some did not, it is a lot to take in and grasp.

If anyone wants to tune these this type of layout will be the only way to do it, and it will be a very costly investment both in time and in $$$$$$.

Better budget a few hundred hours learning it and $10,000+ to invest in the hardware/software to do it.

I only went through a dozen or so tables, I don't even know how they look up address's, for instance there has to be parameters in the code for simple things like idle rpm, but to find that simple table to alter the idle or to find the vane tables and even know what they do and if they are the right ones won't be easy.

I found out that you need a fast PC as well, lucky I have a brand new one with a solid state drive and 20 gigs of ram as this program taxes the processor and memory big time. My WIN XP PC doesn't have the HP to process these tables efficiently.

:thumb:

Also this is only one trucks raw file, if you have to get the raw files for every truck you tune that means every truck will have to have the file read out of either the stock ecm or thru another method that I can't disclose.

Last edited:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
That's pretty bad ass Tony. You have any lml's in the area you can get your hands on? I know a certain someone who we've all been poking and proding to trade in his white ec/sb lb7 on....this would make a nice guinie pig truck :D

Nfamus10

Jun 22, 2012
Glad to see you guys making strides. I'm excited to see what's to come from guys like you and Kory. I'd make my truck available for beta testing :thumb:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Looks alot like the tunercat stuff I played with for some friends awhile back. If so I don't envy you as I know how tough it is to map things out. I din't have the patience to do even an OBD1, I can only imagine how tough it is to map out OBD2 stuff, let alone something as complex as the EDC 17 BOSCH.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
thats awesome tony! i know you guys cant post much on what you find in them (dont want to "give away" hard earned info) but if you guys could please update this with what you cant, id really appreciate it! this is cool stuff

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Once you figure out how one educates himself let me know... Been cracking for 6 months and there is no "go to" guide. Just hard work and "oops, that didn't work" lol! Driving the co workers truck home cause yours doesn't crank. Go down the road and think you have it whipped and then code out the sky. Hey, the beginning sucks! The feeling of accomplishment once you get somewhere is priceless.

Sounds like when I first got EFI lol

Very Interesting stuff! Keep up the geat work guys

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
So seeing what it takes to figure it out will less shit be talked on H&S now? They had to figure out the same stuff...

Good luck Tony, I wouldn't have the patience. Interested to see Kory's truck run...:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
So seeing what it takes to figure it out will less shit be talked on H&S now? They had to figure out the same stuff...

Good luck Tony, I wouldn't have the patience. Interested to see Kory's truck run...:

I have always had mad respect for Bentley and the guys at H&S for leading the pack in the new stuff. It is not easy what they do and respect is given where it is earned!

k0mpresd

Sep 6, 2013
can you post the dump from this ecu? would love to take a look and i can probably help you define some maps. ive done my share of edc17cp14 (vag tdi) tuning.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
It was so much easier when all you had to do was log a 500 HP tune from someone else and fine tune it from there! OH the good old days! :roflmao:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
epe6ety3.jpg
Feels like it was just yesterday staring at these images... Going nuts trying to figure it all out. No one will ever know the hours and labor that went into this, but looking back... What a stepping stone and what a learning experience. You never quit learning and knowledge gained is never knowledge wasted.

Congrats to everyone that has and is working on this!

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
It was so much easier when all you had to do was log a 500 HP tune from someone else and fine tune it from there! OH the good old days! :roflmao:

Yup little Nicky gave Stevie Wonder the Quad 215 and that's how Stevie Wonder removed his blind eyes and found the timing limiter.

That along with whatever he stole from me after EFI-Live found all the tables.......................true dat..........YO

Hows that PLIII doing ????

I got a nice paperweight from Princess on my shelf too..........magic tables and all.

:hug: