LML LML 100 over injectors driveability?

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Need a bit of advice... Engine's coming out for a cracked head shortly. I've got a 475/stock kit laying in the garage that will likely be going on while the engines out. The truck is primarily used for towing, but getting turned into a racetruck as soon as I get something else to replace it. 280k on it... Once I'm finished towing with the truck, I'll be switching out the whole 475/stock for something larger. What kind of towability/driveability will I see with the larger injectors right now. The truck is Sportsman cp3 swapped...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You will need a better pump than that to start with. Personally I wouldn't do that in a daily driver LML. That's just my opinion. It already has plenty of fuel available for a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Thanks for your thots... Injectors are getting close to being out of spec. They'll probably be alright for a bit yet, but will need new ones soon. My thot was to buy what I'll need in the future instead of buying twice, but I might end up running these till I have to do something with them.

10mm-12mm for 100 overs, or dual pumps with another sporstman, for future reference?

The truck won't be a daily driver much longer, middle of next year at the latest. Are you against larger injectors from a driveability standpoint, or just not needing them? What will I see with them in a daily driver?

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
How will towing affect larger injectors in the long run?
How much will larger injectors at a lower pulse width lower EGTs?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
What's your end power goal?

From what I remember, the LML injectors are already a decent size. Maybe look into 40% overs.

I don't have an answer for the towing aspect, but I doubt you'd see significant drops in EGT.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Once I'm finished towing with it, the twin setup will be replaced with something totally different, so I'm really not looking to do anything major turbo-wise other than just throwing the twin kit on to lower EGTs...

My goal is to break 1k hp... The truck will no longer be a daily driver, just a weekend/racer/fun truck...

I'll either be going with 100s right away, or than running my stock injectors till I have to have new ones. They might hang in there for awhile yet if I run some cleaner thru them... From what I know, 700-750 is possible with stock injectors, and enough air/fuel... That's pushing them to the limit, and I doubt mine would healthy enough to do that. Not that I'd be running them that hard while towing...

Where does less pulsewidth using larger injectors come into play if not for less heat?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Usually less timing / cyl pressure also.

I agree that it should drop peak EGT, but how often does your truck run WOT? And at a moderate power level that is safe to tow at, your pulse isn't going to be stretched out extremely far compared to a max effort tune on stock injectors.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Makes sense... I'll probably end up running the stock injectors till I need something bigger, if they hang in there for a bit yet...

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Like you said, on a tow safe tune, I don't see a lot of WOT... The engine usually has a pretty good load on it, tho, with the amount of wind I catch...

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
As far as total hp I'm not sure what their ceiling is. On 1500 us I made 737 with a stock charger and a little spray. You can turn them up plenty more than that.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I could see 800 easily on stock injectors and the right turbo selection. I believe I could have broken 900 with spray and a stock charger.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
So when I do switch to a 12mm pump and larger injectors, what will I see? Obviously some smoke at idle, the smell, loss of fuel economy (who cares at this point)... Will it be harder to get fingers pistons running clean? I'm on Tony's tunes, and he's got them running very clean right now...

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
So when I do switch to a 12mm pump and larger injectors, what will I see? Obviously some smoke at idle, the smell, loss of fuel economy (who cares at this point)... Will it be harder to get fingers pistons running clean? I'm on Tony's tunes, and he's got them running very clean right now...

I'm working on a built lml right now with a 12mm pump and 100% overs. No smoke at idle runs pretty clean. S475/stock

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
What all is done internally? You tune it yourself?

From what I've heard when I talked with Tony, I'm pretty confident I'll be happy with his tuning... I've been hearing good thing about Aaron at All In, I might give his tuning a try and see how it does beside Tony's...

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Fullly built internal. Mahle pistons. No I'm not tuning it. Robert Ivey right now trying to get him to go with Aaron though.