lly trans

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
What is the min mods needed to a stock trans on my lly with efi with Pats tune and a aftermarket turbo will a aftermarket torque converter be sufficient enough

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
What is the min mods needed to a stock trans on my lly with efi with Pats tune and a aftermarket turbo will a aftermarket torque converter be sufficient enough

no not at all you will need atleast a full stage 3 kit. talk to mike l about what route he recommends going.

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
you can get by with a stage III tranny kit but to do it right the first time i would recommend the stage IV tranny kit,a bigger torque conveter is a must and i would go with the 1057 from sun coast..

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
The absolute minimum would be a Trango and a converter, but I'm not sure that is a good option to go with considering the power potential, also you'll be freshening it up about once a year possibly.

Like the other guys said, Suncoast or PPE stage 3 is good, 4 is better or depending on where you live there are various custom options that are very good as well.

Also moved this into the Sheep Pen, this is where tranny related stuff will be posted

Last edited:

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
D

you can get by with a stage III tranny kit but to do it right the first time i would recommend the stage IV tranny kit,a bigger torque conveter is a must and i would go with the 1057 from sun coast..

X2 I was going to get a stage 3 tranny myself but i no if i where to do that i would want more power. So i would rather spin a couple more grand and have a stage 5 that u can through alot more to

TYREBOYZ_DEMAXIN

The Tire Frier
Jun 13, 2007
Barnesville OH
X2 I was going to get a stage 3 tranny myself but i no if i where to do that i would want more power. So i would rather spin a couple more grand and have a stage 5 that u can through alot more to

the stage V is the best and i'm glad i made that choice but if you don't want to spen the extra 1k then go with the stage IV but make sure you get the 1057 converter from Sun Coast..

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
SC 1056 is also a good converter and about 200rpm's looser which would make it a better towing converter and better also if you're going with a bigger turbo. There are other options out there also.