Lly to lbz conversion problems

WILLIAM526

Aug 22, 2021
Swapped my lly 04.5 to a 07 classic lbz after getting it done and running . Truck throws a p0880 and stays in 2nd reset codes shifts fine for 10 minutes or so then goes into 2nd and won’t shift any ideas here

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I am no expert and maybe there is a reason for this (the experts can chime in), but considering it's a conversion and things were changed one thing that often comes to mind and trips a LOT of people up are grounds. Especially since it works OK for a few minutes and then trips. Usually a gross error will show up immediately.

It's showing as a TCM issue. Could be coincidental or something could have gotten bumped, pulled, disconnected during the swap.

Missed, forgotten, or poor grounds has tripped up a lot of people over the years and it's an easy thing to forget/miss. Adding a couple extras may not be a bad idea either (can't think of where it would hurt). Until someone with more knowledge (or one who's actually done the swap and can suggest better), I would start with grounds and rechecking connections (for proper connections and/or loose pins) especially the at the transmission and TCM.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Swapped EVERYTHING underhood from the 07 truck, including wiring?
Swapped cluster, pedal, trans shifter and did all associated wiring changes inside truck?

Moved to repower/transplant.

Last edited:

WILLIAM526

Aug 22, 2021
Swapped cluster, pedal, trans shifter and did all associated wiring changes inside truck?

Yes everything got swapped over manged to figure out that it was a bad TCM

WILLIAM526

Aug 22, 2021

Any idea what pink wire needs to be tapped into to make the tap up tap down shifter work