LLY no start after attempting to read ecm

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I bet you end up sending it to a place where you can get it bench flashed or buy a bench flasher. or put it in a truck that will take a flash.

blazin dmax

Apr 30, 2008
az
The truck does not light up the gear selection indicator. Has not worked since the owner has had the truck... Is that related to the nsbu switch? I've heard of the nsbu switch causing no start issues...

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I bet you end up sending it to a place where you can get it bench flashed or buy a bench flasher. or put it in a truck that will take a flash.

It doesn't make sense. Reading an ECM will not have any effect on the data inside the ECM.

blazin dmax

Apr 30, 2008
az
Ok. Talked with a tech from bullydog who was very helpful. Turns out the bullydog was still locked to the truck.. It would not let me return the truck to stock. So he sent me over a recovery file. Flashed it with that and it took. Was able to return the truck to stock with the bullydog after that. I am now able to read and flash the ecm with efi live without issue. But the truck still will not crank.... He was kind of at a loss at this point as well and had me go through the vats relearn procedure again. That didn't change anything either.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
What does it do if you try to full flash? also if you connect up open v8 tune section and do the auto detect does it show the LLY ecm or a picture of the V2 with a red X on it?

blazin dmax

Apr 30, 2008
az
What does it do if you try to full flash? also if you connect up open v8 tune section and do the auto detect does it show the LLY ecm or a picture of the V2 with a red X on it?

Got it running. Pretty embarrassing what ended up being the main problem... A friend came with his snap on scanner. The main code I kept getting was the b1372. The troubleshooting said to check Ign E fuse... I've replaced that fuse and checked it with the test light... But one side of the fuse slot was kinda wallered out from a fuse tap that had been in there. Caused it to not hold a connection... Pinched it down a little so it bit on the fuse and all is well. So between the bullydog locking the ecm out and not letting me read or flash it and me trying to figure out what was wrong... At some point that fuse lost a good connection and caused my no crank issue. But bullydog helped me out with a recovery file that unlocked the ecm and let me read/flash without issue, and pinching down on the female end of the Ign E fuse slot got me a good connection and fixed the no cranking issue. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Last edited: