LLY Nitrous Test

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well I'm glad to see the video didn't end with a boom and a puddle of oil:roflmao:. Did it make a noticeable difference in spool or were you guys just spraying it up top?

lol he kept asking me "what are we gunna do if it blows?", "Well, your alot closer to your house here than firebird and i can tow that bitch back" lmao

He didnt spray down low to keep torque as low as possible. i would bet spool would be much quicker but it would also bend them rods much quicker.

Being a dry kit, the amount of power added really all comes back to how much extra fuel you have to burn. With a stock fuel system (other than a lift pump) the small jet cleans up the extra fuel really well. Adding more nitrous will make it faster, but I would bet I could spray another .052 on top of the first one and be luck to pick up another 2 tenths. I could be wrong about that since I've never tried it, but that's my gut feeling.

exactly, ive been tellin him that for the last 2 years hes had the kit. his turbo already cleans up 95% of the fuel there with falling rail pressure.

my bet is he drops .2 off his best ET on the .067 and will only drop .3 tenths off his best ET on the .125. He and i need lockup boxes bad though.....

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
If I find myself running 12.1s at the track I might rig up my buddy's kit to try and get an 11s pass. Hopefully I won't need it though.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So what kind of times are y'all seeing after installing bens lock up box?

ive heard many guys dropping between .2 to .6 but it all depends on if and when your acheiving lockup. tow/haul or not, i dont get lock up till top of 3rd gear or bottom of 4th. Steve doesnt get lock up till top of 4th or bottom of 5th.

if you get lockup halfway through 2nd gear on up, you will notice no drop in ET or increase in MPH with a lockup box.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
ive heard many guys dropping between .2 to .6 but it all depends on if and when your acheiving lockup. tow/haul or not, i dont get lock up till top of 3rd gear or bottom of 4th. Steve doesnt get lock up till top of 4th or bottom of 5th.

if you get lockup halfway through 2nd gear on up, you will notice no drop in ET or increase in MPH with a lockup box.

Mine doesn't feel like it locks up until 4th. What pid do you log to check it?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mine doesn't feel like it locks up until 4th. What pid do you log to check it?

i cant remember off the top of my head but you need to log off your TCM and watch converter slip %. when it goes negitive numbers or 0, its locked. You also should watch the tc lock up command to be sure when the command is given, its actually locking and its not blowing through the lockup of the converter

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I'll be lucky if my shaking finger can find that button at all come track night. It's the last night the track here is test and tune before the shutdown. I want to get a new best before I can't race anymore, and I'm going to get it with spray. Lots of spray.

Sent from my iPhone.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I'll be lucky if my shaking finger can find that button at all come track night. It's the last night the track here is test and tune before the shutdown. I want to get a new best before I can't race anymore, and I'm going to get it with spray. Lots of spray.

Sent from my iPhone.

Post a video!! Ill post mine to! Lol.