LLY Nitrous Test

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So whats the verdict? I assume the laughing means it helped lol.

lol it was more of a laugh of relief the rods did not play "peek a boo".

steve was a fricken nervous about hitting that button as i was the first time i loaded the race tune. shaky hands and all

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
How big of a jet are you guys using?:woott:

X2. I've got .35 in mine right now, I'm not going over .50. I'm gonna try it out Friday ill post some vids. So far fastest I've ran is a 8.31 in the 1/8th. Strapping the front end down and using nitrous. Hope she doing blow!! Lol.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
lol it was more of a laugh of relief the rods did not play "peek a boo".

steve was a fricken nervous about hitting that button as i was the first time i loaded the race tune. shaky hands and all
Well I'm glad to see the video didn't end with a boom and a puddle of oil:roflmao:. Did it make a noticeable difference in spool or were you guys just spraying it up top?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I took the van out last weekend for some test and tune. I ran one stage of nitrous on one pass and dropped 4 tenths off my best fuel only pass with a .052 pill.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Chris took the water meth off of mine when he built the motor. Which leaves a couple empty NPT ports.......

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Wow. Just a guess what kind of numbers u think a .125 will add? Pretty crazy what people are seeing with .50s pill.

Being a dry kit, the amount of power added really all comes back to how much extra fuel you have to burn. With a stock fuel system (other than a lift pump) the small jet cleans up the extra fuel really well. Adding more nitrous will make it faster, but I would bet I could spray another .052 on top of the first one and be luck to pick up another 2 tenths. I could be wrong about that since I've never tried it, but that's my gut feeling.