LLY Crank/no start

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
how much fuel are you getting out of the returns? CP3, pressure relief and injectors? you said you did a bottle test. was that just on the injectors or something else?

Jstahl71

Aug 16, 2022
how much fuel are you getting out of the returns? CP3, pressure relief and injectors? you said you did a bottle test. was that just on the injectors or something else?
It was from the return next to the frpv. Nothing was coming out. I know that was to test the frpv. But now I’m trying to test the injector returns. I don’t have any adaptor to plug into the injector and don’t want to try to get hoses off the fittings currently on the injectors as I know they are brittle as this truck has 340,000 miles on it

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
so you tested the return coming out of the CP3? if so, and you didn't get anything then I go back to the CP3 is not getting any fuel or too much air. or perhaps the off chance of a bad CP3.

when you put the fuel jug on it, did you connect it right to the CP3 input or did you run it through the filter or FICM?

Jstahl71

Aug 16, 2022
so you tested the return coming out of the CP3? if so, and you didn't get anything then I go back to the CP3 is not getting any fuel or too much air. or perhaps the off chance of a bad CP3.

when you put the fuel jug on it, did you connect it right to the CP3 input or did you run it through the filter or FICM?
Ran it to the hard line to the CP3. I believe I had the line to the fuel rail nipple to the jumper.

Jstahl71

Aug 16, 2022

I will test the output of the return from the cp3 at the jumper

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I can tell you from experience, while it is more expensive, it is generally better practice to change all injectors once they start failing. At a minimum, I would change the whole bank of injectors, and don't buy junk from the parts store or most online retailers. Most of that stuff is a failure waiting to happen.