LLY: Light smoke after drive and idling

DAKOTAKIDD

Sep 26, 2014
Hey guys, I never noticed this before but today I drive the LLY about a half hour and when backing in the driveway I noticed it was smoking from the side mirror. The color didn’t look white but definitely smoking. When I got out to check on it it stopped.

Is this normal or has this happened to anyone else?

Thx!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
Give a bit more details. I assume after a half hour it was at operating temps. How did it run, how did it sound, how did it feel, how did it smell? How many miles are on the truck. When is the last time if ever it’s had any engine work. Does it consume any fluids.

Also forgot to ask is this an emissions present vehicle or has it been deleted and tuned?

Last edited:

DAKOTAKIDD

Sep 26, 2014
Give a bit more details. I assume after a half hour it was at operating temps. How did it run, how did it sound, how did it feel, how did it smell? How many miles are on the truck. When is the last time if ever it’s had any engine work. Does it consume any fluids.

Also forgot to ask is this an emissions present vehicle or has it been deleted and tuned?

Sorry for the lack of info

Yes it was at or near operating temps.
It ran good and sounded normal
Smelled normal
Mileage is 296000 kilometers.
Since if had it I have done no engine work except frpv, a glow plug and water pump.
Doesn’t eat any fluids
Emissions—no cat, egr still installed

Hope this helps

DAKOTAKIDD

Sep 26, 2014
I may have. I bought a icarsoft code reader that is specific to the truck. Unfortunately I’m away from the reader until next week.

Also I’m running a tow tune in a bully dog power pup

DAKOTAKIDD

Sep 26, 2014
Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life but I have a couple questions before I give my balance rate numbers.

First is, I have a bully dog tune in the truck. Should it be returned to stock before I check the rates?

Second, I checked them the other day to see if I could with my scanner and I had a a basic fuel rate of 5.70.

1=+0.76
2=-0.40
3=-2.46
4=-1.52
5=+6.99
6=+0.46
7=-1.60
8=-2.05

This was back from an almost 2 hour drive, in park with no air conditioning on.

I didn’t check with it in neutral or drive.

Am I doing this correctly?