LB7: Learning about my lb7

tomhardin2013

May 22, 2015
Okay, I just got my first duramax. I recently had an old 6.5, loved the truck so I decided to stick with chevy. I have a 2003. I'm trying to learn about some limitations and first upgrades I should do. So far I have replaced the exhaust with 4" mbrp from the downpipe back, and just recently installed an Edge Evolution CTS tuner. I've heard you should get the heads studded and a couple other must get upgrades. I'm in the military so I don't have a whole lot of money but I want to get some ideas to save up for. Thanks in advance!

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
The major issue (only real issue) with the lb7, are the injectors. How many miles are on your truck? Do you know if the injectors have been replaced? Power wise try to stay at 100hp or under, if you hammer on it alot the 100hp tune will eventually limp the transmission. Limp mode is a safety feature, the tcm detects slippage in the trans and will keep the trans in gear until you turn the truck off and cycle the key I think 3 times. No need for studs until you get to the higher hp range, say 550+? I think thats about right, but the engine will probably bend its rods before you need studs anyways

My lb7 rocks, I absoloutely love it! Their great trucks once the injectors are replaced :)